Please help!

lalowoofl3s42

Feb 2, 2023
Parrots
Pine apple conure
This is my pineapple conure rocco and once I got home from school, I had noticed some brownish splotch on his beak. Does anyone know what this could be! Or what I should do!

Attachments

• AFF4C787-5B16-4F40-A0AF-5D0B66C6AEA5.jpeg
    AFF4C787-5B16-4F40-A0AF-5D0B66C6AEA5.jpeg
    289.5 KB · Views: 34

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
The brownish splotch might be dirt or smudge of poop. Would Rocco allow you to try to wash his beak with a baby wipe? A bruise can also look brownish especially days after an injury when a small amount of leaked blood starts coming closer to the surface. Could Rocco have possibly banged his beak on something over the past few days.

OP
L

lalowoofl3s42

Feb 2, 2023
Parrots
Pine apple conure
The brownish splotch might be dirt or smudge of poop. Would Rocco allow you to try to wash his beak with a baby wipe? A bruise can also look brownish especially days after an injury when a small amount of leaked blood starts coming closer to the surface. Could Rocco have possibly banged his beak on something over the past few days.
So without being too rough trying to Wash his beak with a baby wipe. This is what his beak looks like now. It is possible he could’ve banged his beak but I took him out yesterday and his beak seemed fine

Attachments

• 65F492FD-6C44-45B6-9F84-A70F7A32E2A1.jpeg
    65F492FD-6C44-45B6-9F84-A70F7A32E2A1.jpeg
    294 KB · Views: 29

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
So without being too rough trying to Wash his beak with a baby wipe. This is what his beak looks like now. It is possible he could’ve banged his beak but I took him out yesterday and his beak seemed fine
Were you able to gently wash it with a baby wipe? It looks better and good to me. Sometimes bruises from bumps take a couple days to be visible. As long as Rocco is eating and behaving normally I wouldn't worry if he got a little bruise.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Were you able to gently wash it with a baby wipe? It looks better and good to me. Sometimes bruises from bumps take a couple days to be visible. As long as Rocco is eating and behaving normally I wouldn't worry if he got a little bruise.
He looks so sweet I just want to given him a kiss!

Most Reactions