Not open for further replies.

Ria.345

Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2021
New York City
Parrots
Sun Conure and Umbrella Cockatoo
Lol itā€™s okay Iā€™m fine. Just wanted to see if anyone would click on the thread so I could ask you guys how your days went. Anyways.

1. Went to class on campus
2. Went grocery shopping
3. Spent time with the birds
4. Cleaned Stands
5. Made and ate some amazing pesto chicken and veggie dinner
6. Cleaned the cages
7. Making Codyā€™s dinner before lights out
8. Being relaxed hehe

Even in your bad days, (which I have a lot of lol plus pending tuition charges stressing me out yikes) think about ā€œwhat actually went well today?ā€ and ā€œwhat can I do better for tomorrow.ā€ Even if that means you have to write out a reflection of your day and think about these questions, thatā€™s more than enough.
Itā€™s a great way to reflect on your day and yourself. Always working towards something better for the next time around. But even on our worst days, I believe thereā€™s always some pockets of peace to acknowledge, the good and happy moments from your day, even just a laugh is a great moment to mention. So remember those and let it put a smile on your face simply because you deserve peace and happiness.
For me, despite the fact that I have a lot of pending problems with college and my finances, today I loved indulging myself with the delicious dinner I made lol. It was great.
Tomorrow and for the future, I want more of those little moments and being grateful for even the slightest of accomplishments. And Iā€™ll make that a goal of mine.
So to all you beautiful people and birdies, have a great tomorrow and an awesome night. :)
XOXO lol (Sounds girly)

Icca

Feb 1, 2022
That's the way to be, find happiness in tiny things and you will find it everyday. Sometimes Being distracted by the sunshine or a cute critter seems dumb but it sure is fun. Being a adult sucks you are always having to do things you would rather not, but that's life. And I feel ya on the ruff days I barely recovered a nearly 30,000$ mistake at work so my day had me on edge! But the sun was shinning and was finally warm and I'm not dead yet! So all in all everything is fine

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
2 female budgies i have a green named tofu she is 1 years old(she turned one years old in April) and i have a blue budgie named sky she is the younger one she is younger then tofu by a few days
this is my day in my time zone which is malaysia
the time now is 10:37
i am on vacation and i am in the hotel room in online classes because we went on vacation in school days i miss my birds very much even thought i get lots of updates from the babysitter

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I deal with chronic health condition..and some newer struggles. So I started off at doctors office, then picked up meds.

Visited with my parents. Nice to catch up and they served some cheese cake! Yum

Came home garbage disposal fell off bottom of sink.......uhh....not fun....

Neighbors called and invited me for coffee . Had a nice Visit...then told them about my sink..husband offers to fix if can tomorrow!!! Yippee!!! Blessings!! He has skills does remodeling so I have high hopes @ i pet sit their 3 cutie dogs when ever they go on a cruise or travel..they are salt of the earth people ..o never would have or thought to ask I was just sharing life...

Oh your dinner sounds amazing !
Xoxo back at ya

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
I'm not having the best week, yesterday was really hard for me especially...I had to give away three of my snakes because they contracted a fatal disease from a rescue snake I got last year. One of those snakes was like no other šŸ˜ž (The disease isn't treatable, I've spent thousands trying to ease the symptoms.)

Don't want to be too depressing though, today Tony let me pet his ears and I saw them for the first time! I've had him for nearly a year now and previously he didn't like for me to touch the feathers over them. My Gcc loves a head 'squeeze' and I always see his ears because he loves to be pet there.
Lets see today...Fed the birds...changed all their paper...ate lunch (egg sandwich)...started preparing for my first time educating kids about reptiles tomorrow through zoom, I'm pretty nervous but I think I'll manage šŸ˜… ...fed the birds dinner...took a shower with Tony...put the birds to bed...then watched some new movie called An American Pickle (it's literally about pickles lol)

Pretty average day overall, not much happened

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
that's rough about your snakes....
Im sorry that happened by taking in a rescue....it doesn't seem fair st all
I had similar, but curable, as a rescue budgie brought in a disease to my flock

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
Aww, this is a nice post. Today was a kind of busy-but-also-not day for me today! Here it goes:

Tuesdays I get up, make the 4 y.o. breakfast, then make Kirby his breakfast and bring it downstairs. I weigh him, then gave him his chop. After Kirby is fed I go outside to feed the quail, collect eggs, and turn over their wood chips with a little hand rake. Then it was speech therapy for the little one over Zoom while I downed a bucket of coffee, had a bagel, and did todayā€™s Wordle.

After the kidā€™s appointment we got dressed (yep, speech therapy in pajamas!) and went downstairs; itā€™s been an hour at this point since I gave the Kirb Birb his veg so I gave him his pellet and joined him in my office. The kiddo sets herself up at the craft table.

Then, letā€™s see, I called my mom to chat for a bit as sheā€™s been taking care of my sick grandmother, ordered some more dust bath for the quail because the pet store is always out, and itā€™s still too rainy here for them to really use soil to dust bathe (itā€™s all wet at this point). Kirby eats all his fav kind of pellet and leaves the other kind for later, opting to take a nap, because heckling me while Iā€™m on the phone is only fun if Iā€™m not walking around and I kept leaving the room.

Once I was off the phone, I came back down though to work on meal planning and making the grocery list for this week. Kirbyā€™s interest is mildly piqued. I wait till heā€™s fully on his playstand then give him a good misting. He doesnā€™t try to get away but he doesnā€™t do his bath dance either so I keep it short. After that I finish up the grocery list, and then check my emails, make sure Iā€™m not behind on my illustration schedule, and give myself about ten minutes to stare at the wall and contemplate how much I donā€™t like grocery shopping, lol.

Oh! Then I remember I just got a frame for a print I had had lying around for ages, so I frame and hang it before going to the store. I go to leave the house and realize, crap, my bike is missing. I make a post about it on socials and head out. We wrap up the groceries and grab treats at my favorite cafe as well as coffee beans. We get home and eat our snacks in the office, where Kirby gets Second Chop, which he was very impatient for. I post my missing bike info and make a police report. Finally, I get some work done before itā€™s time to cook, which is leftovers thankfully. After that the kids have a little ice cream and get into PJs.

Itā€™s 7pm, and on Tuesday night 7pm is reclears for my static raid group in FFXIV. Kirby thinks this is very, very weird, and likes to bark loudly enough that my gaming headset picks it up. The oldest kid also probably thinks Iā€™m a nerd, but sheā€™s used to it, so she goes off to read a book. The youngest takes residence on the bean bag chair in front of my office TV and makes fun of me when I lose, while playing games on her tablet.

9pm is end of raid time! I get the youngest kid into bed (her preschool starts later in the day), and make sure the older one is going to sleep. My partner promised me weā€™d take apart the IKEA sleeper sofa we had on the first floor and swap it with the regular, smaller sofa we had in the basement, so that our in-laws could sleep down there and not have to worry about being mobbed by kids first thing in the morning. It takes an hour and a half, and I smashed a sofa into my face getting them down the stairs more than once, but we are ultimately victoriousā€¦

ā€¦except the cat tree doesnā€™t fit next to the sofa anymore. Boo! Well, it was worn out so we disassemble it and swap it with a smaller one she had in her office (to be clear, *not* the office with kirby).

I cram that thing as best I can into our trash can, then I realize itā€™s past 10pm and Kirby is not put to bed! Oops! He is wide awake and pretty excited about it, and chats with me while I change his papers and wipe down any stray poops or food on his cage and playstands. Then I give him his good night scritches, put on his cage cover, check to make sure his water is clean & the humidifier tank isnā€™t low, set the temp to 75 and lights out.

Itā€™s about 11:30pm. My Fitbit tells me Iā€™ve got 400 calories left for the day because I decided to drag sofas up and down the stairs at 9pm, so I have a chocolate lava cake and a cup of tea, and then decide to write a novella about my day on a parrot forumā€¦

If you made it this far, wow!

Icca

Feb 1, 2022
I'm not having the best week, yesterday was really hard for me especially...I had to give away three of my snakes because they contracted a fatal disease from a rescue snake I got last year. One of those snakes was like no other šŸ˜ž (The disease isn't treatable, I've spent thousands trying to ease the symptoms.)

Don't want to be too depressing though, today Tony let me pet his ears and I saw them for the first time! I've had him for nearly a year now and previously he didn't like for me to touch the feathers over them. My Gcc loves a head 'squeeze' and I always see his ears because he loves to be pet there.
Lets see today...Fed the birds...changed all their paper...ate lunch (egg sandwich)...started preparing for my first time educating kids about reptiles tomorrow through zoom, I'm pretty nervous but I think I'll manage šŸ˜… ...fed the birds dinner...took a shower with Tony...put the birds to bed...then watched some new movie called An American Pickle (it's literally about pickles lol)

Pretty average day overall, not much happened
Really sorry to hear about your snakes. Ria345 is right tho sometimes saying it out load or in type can make it feel a little better. Good luck with your education program the kids will love it I'm sure

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Birds.
Floof dust.
Seeb.
Screms.
ā€¦thatā€™s it.
Thanks for checking in Ria ā¤ļø

Status
Not open for further replies.