Please tell me it gets easier...

MissMac

Dec 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Parrots
Females, Lutino Indian Ringneck Missy and Silver Lavender IRN Gracie.
Had parrots before but they were all older. Missy I've raised since she was 5 weeks and she's now 10 weeks and a bit. She is into everything. I've closed doors to keep her out of rooms, had to put away my art as she simply wouldn't leave them alone, can't do anything anywhere in the house without her having to "help" me. Can't even make her toys without her "help" and as soon as I put the toy down, she loses interest in it.
Is this a normal baby bird thing that she will out grow (probably at bluffing stage)? Is it a IRN thing? Or is this just a Missy thing? Help.

Attachments

• 20211121_123207.jpg
    20211121_123207.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 70

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
With some training, it does get better! And it's probably just a baby bird thing. I don't know if this is specific to IRNs. Probably not...?

D

Deleted member 42416

It does get easier. In medium parrots we’re looking at 6 months to a year of the adolescent difficult time. In large parrots it can be up to 3 years of teenage crapitude. It’s honestly amazing how a creature so physically different can have such close social and developmental parallels to humans! It’s like having a lifelong needy, loving, humorous, sometimes cantankerous toddler in the house. That has wire cutters for a mouth. ☺️

Most Reactions

Latest posts