PLS HELP WITH BABY BUDGIE

Faifai208

Mar 27, 2024
Parrots
Budgie
Both my birds decided to mate and the female has one baby. But the problem is she doesn't feed the poor thing :( It was an emergency so I tried taking him and feeding him. Things were going OK for the first 3 days but it seems that the baby is now stunted. I have a job and I don't have the time to handfeed him every 2 hours. It just won't work out. What should I do with him. I really want to help him but I really don't have the time to. Do you think any places will take him ??? Any advice is highly appreciated

Feb 17, 2024
Tulsa
Parrots
Sunny (lutino budgie)
Sky (yellowface budgie)
Pixie (dilute budgie)
Both my birds decided to mate and the female has one baby. But the problem is she doesn't feed the poor thing :( It was an emergency so I tried taking him and feeding him. Things were going OK for the first 3 days but it seems that the baby is now stunted. I have a job and I don't have the time to handfeed him every 2 hours. It just won't work out. What should I do with him. I really want to help him but I really don't have the time to. Do you think any places will take him ??? Any advice is highly appreciated
How did it work out? Do you still need suggestions? Will your boss let you bring them in? Do you have a friend or family member who can baby sit? A neighbor? A rescue? You could try asking people who work at pet stores if any one is willing to come to an arrangement with you. When I worked at a pet store, we had several people who knew how to hand rear birds. When I worked at a vet, there was a woman who was always hand rearing something, but that might be pricey or not available.

Most Reactions

Latest posts