PLS HELP!

NovaGirl

Dec 3, 2022
Parrots
budgie
Please help my budgie keeps opening her mouth i donā€™t know whatā€™s wrong!
Please see the video! Help!

OP
N

NovaGirl

Dec 3, 2022
Parrots
budgie
Please help my budgie keeps opening her mouth i donā€™t know whatā€™s wrong!
Please see the video! Help!
It didnā€™t let me put in the video so here is a shot from the Verdi she is opening and closing her mouth like this. She is eating fine when I offer millet

Attachments

• CCB6EF4C-0162-4C37-8B95-8A963F68C3E5.png
    CCB6EF4C-0162-4C37-8B95-8A963F68C3E5.png
    554.7 KB · Views: 40

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
Parrots often adjust their crop (it kind of looks like a yawn) by opening their mouth that wide. How often is she doing it? Is she displaying any other abnormal behavior (not eating, sitting on the bottom of the cage, shaking, etc)?

Also, what is that plant in her cage? Is it parrot-safe? A lot of things arenā€™t.

Her perches look like they could use a scrub down. I like to use unscented dish soap and hot water, or Iā€™ll stick them in the dishwasher without detergent if they fit. Kirby is ridiculously dusty so I find I have to do it quite frequently. Iā€™m definitely due for another round of ā€œBird Dishesā€ this weekend, in fact, haha.

OP
N

NovaGirl

Dec 3, 2022
Parrots
budgie
Parrots often adjust their crop (it kind of looks like a yawn) by opening their mouth that wide. How often is she doing it? Is she displaying any other abnormal behavior (not eating, sitting on the bottom of the cage, shaking, etc)?

Also, what is that plant in her cage? Is it parrot-safe? A lot of things arenā€™t.

Her perches look like they could use a scrub down. I like to use unscented dish soap and hot water, or Iā€™ll stick them in the dishwasher without detergent if they fit. Kirby is ridiculously dusty so I find I have to do it quite frequently. Iā€™m definitely due for another round of ā€œBird Dishesā€ this weekend, in fact, haha.
Hi thanks for your reply
I think I just panicked because I have not seen it before but she seems ok now. I searched up videos of the crop thing and it seems to be that šŸ˜…
Yes I canā€™t remember the name of the branch but it is safe for her I checked before I used it ā˜ŗļø
Their clean is supposed to be today so I am cleaning out their cage tonight. Thanks for the detergent tip , Iā€™ve just been washing them down with a cloth so that might be a bit easier!

Most Reactions