plucking board?

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
Hey mods, can we get a board dedicated to threads about mitigating feather mutilation in our birds? I know a lot of people struggle with it and it would be nice to have a lot of information in one area.

D

Deleted member 42416

I think this is a wonderful idea! Here is some info I posted a while back. We have followed Dr. Jenkins’ protocols and have had great success with Rico our LSC2. He does have relapses but this correlates well with the Haldol dosing. I HIGHLY recommend calling Dr. Jenkins’ office in San Diego for a virtual visit if possible. He can guide you in right direction ; not all avian vets are familiar with his work (which is surprising given his experience and publications in the field.)

I also recommend watching his interviews on the β€œChloe Sanctuary” YouTube channel.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Hey mods, can we get a board dedicated to threads about mitigating feather mutilation in our birds? I know a lot of people struggle with it and it would be nice to have a lot of information in one area.
This is a fantastic idea! I'll bring it up to the others Mods.

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Feb 20, 2022
This suggestion is perfect timing for me - great idea, Owlet! :D

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
This suggestion is perfect timing for me - great idea, Owlet! :D
The mods will still need some time to put it up, so I suggest you post on another board if you need urgent help :)

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Feb 20, 2022
Thank you :) Not urgent yet, thankfully - right now I'm just learning as much as I can!

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP