LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
A poll to see ratio in our PF flock.
Only known sex, by DNA/egg laid; or sexualy dimorphic species.

I've heard that more females are born ( save in ekkie? )

Not sure how to make fir multiple bird flocks?
I just hit "male" three times, that covers everyone in my little flock :)

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
but then they don't all get added together.....for a true %
Well in that case, may be best to have just one "male" and one "female", and allow people to have multiple votes. Let me have a quick experiment at my end and I will get back to you, ok?

D

Deleted member 42416

Ugh, this post made me check my email. The results for Hazel are in. Well. I now know the genders of all birds in the house.

C3C2C9B3-E647-48C6-971B-F790E6A6225C.jpeg

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
thank you!!!! I'm sorry for tge trouble
It's no trouble Laura, I'm just not sure that there's a format that will give you percentages the way you're looking for - but I'm still trying!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
I voted sequentially, 5 males & 2 females. Maybe participants can express as ratio, ie 5:2

Placing numerically dominant gender first with flocks avoids perception of sexism, though I believe males outnumber females in the wild. Or maybe I'm just overthinking? (as usual) 🤣

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I didn't have room to add all my males, and was thinking the poll would allow me to vote again after pressing Vote.
So I would have added 6 more males and 4 more females.

fiddlejen

Mar 28, 2019
Media
New England
Parrots
Sunny the Sun Conure (sept '18, gotcha 3/'19). Mr Jefferson Budgie & Mrs Calliope Budgie (albino) (nov'18 & jan'19). Summer 2021 Baby Budgies: Riker (Green); Patchouli, Keye, & Tiny (blue greywings).
Well im not sure its calculating results correctly but I was able to vote.

Looks like I reached not only my point of birdius Maximus, i have also specifically reached maximum FEmale birds as well. ;)

NOT (underline NOT) that my home will accept any more -- but IF there were more, it would not matter their egg-laying capabilities. This poll has established, they would have to be Designated Male!

Most Reactions

Latest posts