Poop on the vent

Josefin

Jul 27, 2022
Parrots
Two parrotlets
So ive had this problem for awhile, well techichally not a serious problem. But here the thing my bird started eating vegtables very much, she really likes veggies. So her poop becomes very loose and watery. So the fact that her poop is watery, the poop stains her vent feathers, cuasing her to pluck the dirty feathers away. So now her vent is butt naked with dirty poop. This is not a sign that she is sick. She takes great care of her feathers. But i dont want her to pluck them away becuase of the loose poop on her vent may bother her. She just want to be clean. So what should i do so she can stop plucking her feathers? I need advicešŸ˜­ she is a really happy girl.

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
A bird thatā€™s healthy shouldnā€™t be having loose stools, veggies donā€™t cause watery poop.
I have 9 birds all of whom eat lots of veg every day and none of them have loose stools.
I think I remember you saying thereā€™s no vet around you? Or that sheā€™s been and they donā€™t know whatā€™s wrong?

Sorry youā€™re going through this, itā€™s never easy to have a bird that has a problem that is hard to diagnose.

OP
J

Josefin

Jul 27, 2022
Parrots
Two parrotlets
A bird thatā€™s healthy shouldnā€™t be having loose stools, veggies donā€™t cause watery poop.
I have 9 birds all of whom eat lots of veg every day and none of them have loose stools.
I think I remember you saying thereā€™s no vet around you? Or that sheā€™s been and they donā€™t know whatā€™s wrong?

Sorry youā€™re going through this, itā€™s never easy to have a bird that has a problem that is hard to diagnose.

She has like what can i Say the poop is normal it is just more water when she eats vegtables, the feathers have grown on an off when she eats more vegtables. Just to clarify her poop has been normal when she just eats pellets and not vegtables.

OP
J

Josefin

Jul 27, 2022
Parrots
Two parrotlets

It is Formed and healthy lookingšŸ˜€

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
It is Formed and healthy lookingšŸ˜€
Maybe you should hold off on the veggies until her vent feathers grow back then reduce the quantity of really wet veggies. Best to see a vet first. Try catching her wet poops on a white paper towel and take photos so the forum members can comment on her poops.

OP
J

Josefin

Jul 27, 2022
Parrots
Two parrotlets
Maybe you should hold off on the veggies until her vent feathers grow back then reduce the quantity of really wet veggies. Best to see a vet first. Try catching her wet poops on a white paper towel and take photos so the forum members can comment on her poops.
We havs been to the vet, and they told me she was very healthy, she is obsessed with cucumbers so that are the main reason her poop sometimes be loose.

OP
J

Josefin

Jul 27, 2022
Parrots
Two parrotlets
We havs been to the vet, and they told me she was very healthy, she is obsessed with cucumbers so that are the main reason her poop sometimes be loose.
So i will stop givning her cucumber so often.! Thankyou for the help!

Most Reactions