Poorly jardine parrot

Claire

Aug 15, 2022
Parrots
Jardine
Hi our jardine is normally happy and mimicking whistling but he’s gone very quite and lethargic? It’s been very hot and there has been a lot of work being done on the house so changes which could cause stress? He is eating and drinking but his poo is not like toothpaste consistency, it’s like little grains of rice in liquid? He’s not flying much - goes to ground and walks - what can I do?

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
Welcome to the forum ❤️

This sounds very worrisome to me.

I would take him to a vet as soon as you can.

Here's a link to a post with avian vets by location (just click on the blue text)

Avian Vet Resources

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
What kind of work is being done at your house? In the meantime before he can be seen by a vet, can you get him out of the house and stay somewhere else with him? A lot of the materials used in house updates and renovation are dangerous for a parrot's respiratory system.

If there are no avian vets near you I would take him to a regular vet that sees birds asap - any vet should be able to give him oxygen if needed.

Good luck and please keep us updated ❤️

SunConureBaba

May 16, 2022
Greater Toronto Area, Canada
Parrots
Sun Conure son (with me in spirit);
Baby Robin (my son's reincarnation? RIP);
Red Factor Sun Conure (adopted);
Magpie (rescued as baby, returned to the wild after 1 year, 24+ years ago).
It's probably the heat, and air becoming poisonous for a parrot.
I moved out with my parrot when my house was being renovated.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
this should be taken seriously. Abd quickly get him to an avian veterinarian. As mentioned renovations are often exposing them to toxins and can be deadly.

The poop sounds like bird diarrhea, which can get birds in real trouble quickly. That plus lethargy and weakness ( not able to fly or only able to fo short flights) indicates a serious health issue. Quick vet care can be life saver.

Most Reactions

Latest posts