pop ups

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
Yeah I'm getting it too, it's really annoying. It does it on mobile but since I have adblocker on PC it just pulls up a buffering bar but not the video itself so its just constantly there.

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
Screenshot_20220607-204057_Chrome.jpg

It scrolls with you too. Once the video ends it goes away but not even 30 seconds later another pops up

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Yeah I'm getting it too, it's really annoying. It does it on mobile but since I have adblocker on PC it just pulls up a buffering bar but not the video itself so its just constantly there.
I'm looking via my phone as well but not seeing anything - mind you I'm in Australia!

Owlet, any chance you can screen shot what you're seeing??

EDIT: see your screenshot now thank you :)

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Ots tecovas boots and shoes is going on now how screen shot?
Never mind Laura, Owlet did one for me :)

I'll pass this on to Admin, and if anyone else is experiencing this can you please also send a screenshot so they can look into it for us? Thank you :)

drp5HjS.jpg

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Likely something resides at the user end as not everyone is seeing it. It will be interesting to see what Admin has to say.

Just my two cents, NOTE: It is alway important to clear your History File at a minimum of once per day as Web Bots and Spiders can provide assess to your device, which can result in Pop-ups. I clear history every time I complete using one of my search engines like Bing, etc. Also, attempt to move away from Google as they are ripe with Web Bots and Spiders, plus their own tracking devices.

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
Likely something resides at the user end as not everyone is seeing it. It will be interesting to see what Admin has to say.
or maybe it depends on what search engine we use?

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
I use Google/Chrome, is that a bad thing?
I don't believe that any search engine is bad - each one has pros and cons. For example - I've already heard how somebody said that Chrome is the best and now Sailboat says, it's the worst. Honestly, personally I don't really care about such opinions... it's impossible to listen to everybody because everybody has different opinion and prob it depends on which category we're talking about (eg how fast, how safe etc)

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
I don't believe that any search engine is bad - each one has pros and cons. For example - I've already heard how somebody said that Chrome is the best and now Sailboat says, it's the worst. Honestly, personally I don't really care about such opinions... it's impossible to listen to everybody because everybody has different opinion and prob it depends on which category we're talking about (eg how fast, how safe etc)
I stated my position based on the way specific search engines 'use' the data individuals create while using their product. Both Google and Crome are very open about their use of Client Data and require extensive effort by the user to have them stop.

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
I've just read up about some privacy concerns in Google😬 what are some alternatives?

I mean, I have a Gmail account and I use it on many sites... 🤷‍♀️

Sorry Laura that we hijacked your thread...

If any of you wish to discuss this further, maybe making a new thread is better IMO.

Most Reactions

Latest posts