Possible obstruction

Jackjoy

Oct 7, 2022
Parrots
Conure
Hey eveyrone, I would really appreciate any help, I am not exactly sure but I think my parrot ate my the tip of the Apple Pencil. I took my eye off my parrot for one sec and he jumped on top of the ipad and starting biting the Apple Pencil. I immediately pulled him away from the pencil and put the pencil far from his reach, only to notice about 2 to 3 hours later that the tip of the pencil is missing. I did not notice him chewing on it as he does with pretty much everything. I searched everywhere to find the damn tip but could not find it. My bird is not showing any physical symptom at least not yet ( its been a solid 4 hours since ). I gave him an apple and some walnut and he had no trouble eating them. He also seems to have normal and regular droppings. He isnā€™t fluffed or anything out of the ordinary either. Given that it is the weekend I cant and then thanksgiving I can not take him to the vet until The upcoming Tuesday. My brother pointed out that the tip of the Apple Pencil is rigid and not that small in size, if he did ingested it indeed he would have shown respiratory symptom. I am really not sure what to do next.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Hey eveyrone, I would really appreciate any help, I am not exactly sure but I think my parrot ate my the tip of the Apple Pencil. I took my eye off my parrot for one sec and he jumped on top of the ipad and starting biting the Apple Pencil. I immediately pulled him away from the pencil and put the pencil far from his reach, only to notice about 2 to 3 hours later that the tip of the pencil is missing. I did not notice him chewing on it as he does with pretty much everything. I searched everywhere to find the damn tip but could not find it. My bird is not showing any physical symptom at least not yet ( its been a solid 4 hours since ). I gave him an apple and some walnut and he had no trouble eating them. He also seems to have normal and regular droppings. He isnā€™t fluffed or anything out of the ordinary either. Given that it is the weekend I cant and then thanksgiving I can not take him to the vet until The upcoming Tuesday. My brother pointed out that the tip of the Apple Pencil is rigid and not that small in size, if he did ingested it indeed he would have shown respiratory symptom. I am really not sure what to do next.
I would look on the floor where you used the device and also where the parrot was. Maybe sweep with a whisk broom. Iā€™m wondering if this tip is somewhere on the floorā€”I think that would be the best situation. Iā€™d hope that he would drop the tip of the Apple Pencil since it doesnā€™t taste like much.

If the little tip has been swallowed you donā€™t have to worry about respiratory obstruction but might have a problem as the rubbery tip would not soften or be digested.

But hopefully you find it on the floor.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts