Possible problems with a new house?

Eirote

Sep 10, 2012
Texas, USA
Parrots
Sun Conure - Eirote
We have a 2 year old sun conure, she's super friendly and a real sweetheart.

We recently moved to a bigger house, she has a lot more space to play in and seems really happy.

However I've noticed that she's a lot more "chattery" in the new place. Making little chirpy noises the whole time. She seems to be really happy, but i'm confused as to this change in behaviour.

I don't think it's an attention thing cos she'll do it even when she's hanging out on our arms/shoulder. My fiance wondered if perhaps the bug clickers we have were bothering her, but she wasn't making the noises in the old place and we had them there too.

So I don't know. Think this is unusual behaviour or am I over-reacting?

Thanks in advance ^^

WannaBeAParrot

Jul 5, 2012
Media
SE Florida and Sullivan County, NY
Parrots
Cody-Blu, female Blue-Crowned Conure, Hatched - (approx) June 1, 2014, in a South Florida tree.

Pritti (Cherry-Head Conure) -- Fly in Peace my beautiful boy. Forever I'll love you.
What ever it is, she sounds happy for it. Could be anything, locations more comfie for her liking - better lighting for her - more comfie acoustics - more secure in the home (i.e. lower or higher ceiling, smaller or larger room, colors, sunshine, etc. etc.).

As long as she's happy !

BillsBirds

Jan 9, 2012
Largo, Florida
Parrots
Timneh African Grey (Bailey), Lovebird (Elvis)
Maybe she's happy in the new place. And, picking up that you are happy also. If she's not broke, let's not fix her!:)

lene1949

Sep 26, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Parrots
Cory: Short billed Corella -
Echo: Galah -
Max: Alexandrine -
Skye: Yellow Sided conure -
Luka: Green Cheek Conure -
RIP Shrek: Quaker
Sounds to me the only 'problem' is that she's happy.. :D

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
The happiest time in my Georgie's life was the period of time when i was in a big house. She had this phenomenal, huge window behind her cage, looking out to a wooded yard, with deer, turkeys, and of course all the other critters such as squirrels and chipmunks. The house had an open floor plan and she could almost always see us from her cage. She adored it. Your bird may be loving the new house!

I know you hear occasional 'horror stories' but overall i felt like my sun conure had the most adventurous spirit, really able to adapt to changes and new people and experiences. I think she welcomed the 'fun' in new experiences, as long as i was there with her. My dogs had a harder time adapting to my moves than Georgie did.

Maybe your bird is in party mode? :)

Jessxoxo

Sep 4, 2012
Maybe if the house is bigger she might be hearing echos of herself because of the new acoustics?!? Just an idea

Most Reactions