Private messaging

lj4rockpebbler

Oct 27, 2014
Media
Someone sent me a private message regarding my regent parrot and after about 15 minutes of typing and responding to this message, I realized that it couldn't be sent. Can someone explain to me why that's the case?

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Someone sent me a private message regarding my regent parrot and after about 15 minutes of typing and responding to this message, I realized that it couldn't be sent. Can someone explain to me why that's the case?

Yes, I'll be very happy to explain to you why: A member must have a minimum post count of 20 before he/she is able to send messages. :)

Until you've reached that post count, any moderator is more than happy to forward messages for you.

This 'rule' has been in effect for several years already, and there is a valid reason for it, too. Too many people signed up to the forums, only to solicit members with spam messages.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Hello. The problem is your post count. No member is able to send private messages until their post count has reached 20. (The exception here is that you are able to send pm's to mods regardless of your post count.)

If you would like to reach out to someone before then, feel free to contact one of the mods and we would be happy to assist you by forwarding your message.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Sorry, Wendy. Guess we were typing at the same time.

OP
lj4rockpebbler

lj4rockpebbler

Oct 27, 2014
Media
Ok, I definitely understand and appreciate the quick response. So can either of you send this message to "Kelsih11" for me? Thank you very much.....

Hi Kelsih11, I tried responding to your message but found out that I couldn't send you a private message cause I didn't have enough posts I guess. Nonetheless, my regent parrot is the best thing that's come to my family in a long time. That being said, they are not cuddly birds. You can touch them and play with them but you won't be able to caress and scratch them like other birds. As far as putting a harness on the bird so you can take them out of the house, it's not going to happen. This bird will never allow you to open his wing to try and put a harness on it. I've looked at all the how to videos and have even purchased a harness that I had to return cause my guy or any other rock pebbler will not let you put it on. They have sweet voices and will talk but they are considered quiet birds. These are avian birds so they love to fly so my guys wings aren't and will never be clipped. He flies around my apartment and loves it. As far as being ground birds, theyre supposed to be but my guy might try to hit the ground minimally. He does tricks and plays games but again, is not real cuddly. We feed him mostly organic vegetables with certain fruits along with Harrisons pellets and a little bit of seeds being that they're so fatty. Here are the dimensions of the cage I purchased for him on Amazon for about $160 bucks which suits him perfectly. Dimensions: 24 x 37.5 x 22 inches ; 50 pounds. I have a couple of videos on youtube with him being a little chatty, just type in midori uri in the search and you'll get to see a little of him. By the way, my son is in school to become a vet tech as well so good luck moving forward! Anyway, let me know if you get to read this post and if you're able to see the videos. Be well and good luck.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
I've made Kelsih11 aware of this thread, but please know, you can directly PM any moderator until you've reached your required post count. :)

Kelsih11

Oct 3, 2015
Orange County, CA
Thank you for replying! Thank you for all the information about your little guy. I'm am excited to get one in the next few months or so. I have seen other pebblers with aviator harnesses or fruit suits on, so maybe if I start early enough it'll work out :) I also saw your videos! He is very chatty!

OP
lj4rockpebbler

lj4rockpebbler

Oct 27, 2014
Media
Thank you Wendy! Kel, I'm glad I could help and please let me know when you get your guy (or girl) you'll absolutely fall in love! Be well

Most Reactions

Latest posts