Question about my birds

Kiwithesunconure

Nov 19, 2021
Parrots
Sun Conures
Hey, I own three sun conures and they each have their own favorite sound. Whenever you play or make this sound they start to dance and I’ve always wondered why? They start dancing in a way that it looks like they are a snake in a trance and one of my birds pupils shrink too. Sometimes they hiss but not in the form of anger because they sometimes get closer to cuddle and to be petted but not to bite or anything. Does anyone know what it means or has anyone experienced this too?

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
As far as I'm concerned, it's just birds being birds! My birds each have some sounds they really love. It's not anything weird

Linda lee

Oct 30, 2021
Santa cruz CA
Parrots
Had a sun conure. Fed her too many pine nuts. She already had a sinus problem. Nuts are too rich for birds. I or 2 max. It's like dairy for people. The nuts make mucus in the birds too.
Hey, I own three sun conures and they each have their own favorite sound. Whenever you play or make this sound they start to dance and I’ve always wondered why? They start dancing in a way that it looks like they are a snake in a trance and one of my birds pupils shrink too. Sometimes they hiss but not in the form of anger because they sometimes get closer to cuddle and to be petted but not to bite or anything. Does anyone know what it means or has anyone experienced this too?

Linda lee

Oct 30, 2021
Santa cruz CA
Parrots
Had a sun conure. Fed her too many pine nuts. She already had a sinus problem. Nuts are too rich for birds. I or 2 max. It's like dairy for people. The nuts make mucus in the birds too.
Can't imagine owning 3 sun's. They need a ton of attention. Best parrot in the whole world. Just lost my sunny bird. Love of my life. Know alot about healing birds! My vet cost me thousands for no reason.can explaine later.

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
My Jenday Conure does this as well. She loves new sounds, and will dance. My husband can really get her going. Usually when she's mad she paces back, and forth strutting while being puffed up. I think its cute, but I know not to poke at her when she is doing this. I am not sure why conures hiss both when they are happy, and mad.

Most Reactions

Latest posts