Questions about society finches

bonitabird59

Apr 12, 2022
Hi! I know that finches aren't parrots, however they're birds and I feel as if maybe some of you could help me out. About 2-3 months ago, I adopted Cookie, a society finch that was hatched from two society finches at a chain pet store that I work at. He was very young when he lost his toes, and theyve healed well but he has a lot of balance issues. He has all toes on his left foot, but is missing 3 of the 4 on his right foot. He gets around well; eats and drinks fine, and plays with his toys- however he has a hard time perching for a long time. I noticed this when I saw that he frequently hops from perch to perch when he starts to fall because he can't grip at the perches.
My question is, what do I do? I want him to be as comfortable as possible, he's a cute little guy whos very social because he was hand raised by me and my coworkers. Are their modified perches that I can buy for birds that are missing toes? Should I give him a flat surface to stand on? I am open to ideas and suggestions. Thank you all for reading!

Zoruace

Sep 21, 2021
Media
Albums
I don’t know if there are special perches for birds with such problems
I say go for flat perches

Most Reactions

Latest posts