Rambo (she is a girl) keep trying to mate with me

zana

Sep 14, 2020
Please, check the video. I'm 99% sure that Rambo is a girl. I touch only her head but she keep doing it. Whe she do this I left the room...but no effect. No idea, how to discourage this behaviour.

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
The lifting of the tail is a huge sign of mating behaviors. My conure also clucks, and arches her back. There is some noise with it too. What I do to discourage the behavior is remove anything that can be used as a nest. I never touch my parrots anywhere aside from their heads. After this I do my best to distract with new toys, or training.

OP
Z

zana

Sep 14, 2020
doesn't help :D She do it since I got her - june 2021.
Btw, seller told me that she is 3-4 monhts old. Is it possible 4 months old bird to do this (video above)? I read that lovebird reach reach puberty between 6 months to 1 year of age.

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
doesn't help :D She do it since I got her - june 2021.
Btw, seller told me that she is 3-4 monhts old. Is it possible 4 months old bird to do this (video above)? I read that lovebird reach reach puberty between 6 months to 1 year of age.
A males mating behavior is the shaking of the tail, and the do not lift it. I could post a video of my male ekkie who tends to do this. I'm just not sure if it may be too graphic as he tends to try to hold down hands as well. Females lift their tails, arch their backs, cluck, and flap their wings. The only way to 100% figure out if you have a male, or female bird is to get a bird sexing dna test. I hope this helps more. Hopefully someone else can chime in about specifics of a love birds maturity. It's been a long time sense I had a lovebird. Shes adorable by the way!

Most Reactions

Latest posts