Random question :)

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
How did you think of your PF username?

I got mine from a random username generator because I suck at thinking of names that sound decent. Tbh, I don't like it that much anymore, but I'd rather keep it than try to think of a new one

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
My nickname comes from a long time back.
When we were kids my sister and I went back east to visit relatives (same trip we rescued a baby robin).
My sisters name was Clairyce.
One of Thies relatives thought himself a whit (more like half whit). and called her Clorox.
So he said I must be Texsize.
Texsize was a company at that time that made cleaning products like Lava soap and Borax powdered soap.

So that's where Texsize comes from nothing to do with Texas or size.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
My nickname comes from a long time back.
When we were kids my sister and I went back east to visit relatives (same trip we rescued a baby robin).
My sisters name was Clairyce.
One of Thies relatives thought himself a whit (more like half whit). and called her Clorox.
So he said I must be Texsize.
Texsize was a company at that time that made cleaning products like Lava soap and Borax powdered soap.

So that's where Texsize comes from nothing to do with Texas or size.
I love your sister's name, the spelling is so unique!
Love your user name to:)

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
I love your sister's name, the spelling is so unique!
Love your user name to:)
She was named after my mother’s BFF from high school.

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Im not very creative with names so instead of going with something mega cringe like “parrot warrior” or something unfunny like “toilet nuker” I went with my bird’s name and species nickname and, it does fit well so… yeah!

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Way, way back, in the days of telephone modems, when AOL first started, I was writing for a motorcycle magazine, a tech column. I wanted the screen name Wrench, but to my surprise there were 12 other people in front of me with the same idea. So, Wrench13 it became and I have had that screen name ever since.

Niner10Tango

Nov 10, 2012
Media
SE Michigan
Parrots
Tango a White Faced Pied Cockatiel
My other half used to have a Cessna 172 airplane. Heard a lot of the ham radio alphabet chattering while in airspace. Niner means the 9th day of October and 10 for being October so Tango was Hatched on 10/09/2011. and that is how I came up with Niner10Tango.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
How did you think of your PF username?

I got mine from a random username generator because I suck at thinking of names that sound decent. Tbh, I don't like it that much anymore, but I'd rather keep it than try to think of a new one
DonnaBudgie is pretty simple. Donna's my name and budgies are my game!
In truth, usernames and passwords are the bane of my existence! I can't remember them so I try to make them as simple and easy to remember as possible. And I STILL forget them!

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
In truth, usernames and passwords are the bane of my existence! I can't remember them so I try to make them as simple and easy to remember as possible. And I STILL forget them!
Me too😅
I don't have problems with most passwords but when I don't use something too often... I have to change it because I forget😅

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Me too😅
I don't have problems with most passwords but when I don't use something too often... I have to change it because I forget😅
I have all my usernames and passwords automatically stored in my Google account. I realize this is probably not the most secure thing to do but it's the only way I can function as a 60 year old in this day and age.

Niner10Tango

Nov 10, 2012
Media
SE Michigan
Parrots
Tango a White Faced Pied Cockatiel
I am so glad that I am not the only one...

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
I think zERo just followed me from my gamer days 😅

Most Reactions