Really silly question.... about poop!

kristina7799

Oct 13, 2021
North Carolina
Parrots
Budgies: Joey and Chandler
Hi there! I have a silly question about conure poop! :ROFLMAO: Planning to add a GCC to my flock of 2 budgies in the late winter/early spring. My budgies are in a bird safe room and spend most of the day outside the cage. if they sit anywhere more than 10 minutes, there's usually a poop to clean up. I see everyone's post with their velcro conures that are constantly on their person all day long.... are you getting pooped on all day?? (Because I imagine conure poop would be a little messier than budgie poop LOL). Regardless I will have one, just wondering how to set up my bird room when I add to my flock, and whether or not to donate this bag of old shirts in my car or keep them haha!

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
General pooping rule: bigger bird = bigger poops, but rarer ;)

In the case of a GCC it is possible to predict when it's gonna poop - they usually crouch first. Thanks to that, I sometimes avoid being pooped, because the time before starting crouching and pooping is long enough to prepare :p But not always of course, sometimes I don't notice crouching or Zenek poops too quick... and then I am pooped:p

OP
kristina7799

kristina7799

Oct 13, 2021
North Carolina
Parrots
Budgies: Joey and Chandler

In the case of a GCC it is possible to predict when it's gonna poop - they usually crouch first. Thanks to that, I sometimes avoid being pooped, because the time before starting crouching and pooping is long enough to prepare :p But not always of course, sometimes I don't notice crouching or Zenek poops too quick... and then I am pooped:p
Awesome explanation, thank you! :)

jeninec11769

Nov 8, 2021
california
Parrots
Paulie and Phoebe GCC

I agree, Paulie usually does a Little backward crouching dance before he has to go. My Conures sort of know now that they go on our side to not poop on us, but occasionally do not catch quick enough. "When u gotta go you gotta go" :LOL:

Bekki

Mar 31, 2021
Parrots
Loki - Sun Conure
Mango - Sun Conure
Ruby - Camelot Macaw
Hi there! I have a silly question about conure poop! :ROFLMAO: Planning to add a GCC to my flock of 2 budgies in the late winter/early spring. My budgies are in a bird safe room and spend most of the day outside the cage. if they sit anywhere more than 10 minutes, there's usually a poop to clean up. I see everyone's post with their velcro conures that are constantly on their person all day long.... are you getting pooped on all day?? (Because I imagine conure poop would be a little messier than budgie poop LOL). Regardless I will have one, just wondering how to set up my bird room when I add to my flock, and whether or not to donate this bag of old shirts in my car or keep them haha!
I have two Sun Conures, and in agreement with the previous responses, they wiggle their butts and crouch when they want to poop. I have a play stand that I keep near me, and they will typically fly over to the playstand, poop, then come back and velcro to me. But I still sometimes get pooped on. My sunnies also like to chew, so when I'm with them I have special "bird shirts" that I don't mind if they get holes/pooped on and I keep a container of baby wipes handy to do clean up when needed.

jeninec11769

Nov 8, 2021
california
Parrots
Paulie and Phoebe GCC
I have two Sun Conures, and in agreement with the previous responses, they wiggle their butts and crouch when they want to poop. I have a play stand that I keep near me, and they will typically fly over to the playstand, poop, then come back and velcro to me. But I still sometimes get pooped on. My sunnies also like to chew, so when I'm with them I have special "bird shirts" that I don't mind if they get holes/pooped on and I keep a container of baby wipes handy to do clean up when needed.
I also second the shirt thing lol, def don't were ur favorite shirts, they become their favorites lol.

Most Reactions

Latest posts