Regurgitating?

Nov 2, 2020
Parrots
Female 4 year old African Grey
Ive had Gretchen alittle over 2 weeks now. Shes really coming out of her shell! Talks, whistles and dances. Eating very well but still picky. As I was putting her to bed tonight after our evening cuddles she regurgitates in her cage twice! It was pretty formed not liquidity. I read its a form of her bonding or loving something. Am I correct? I would upload a pic but I have yet figured out how to.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Regurgitation is indeed a special form of bonding and/or showing appreciation. Consider yourself loved! If you can upload an image or video of actual regurgitation we may help verify.

Easiest method to upload images is via free hosting site such as Imgur: http://www.parrotforums.com/technical-support/6287-how-post-pictures-6.html#post718293

Alternatively, you can directly upload a limited number of images to the forum server. Access via "paper clip" icon directly to the right of drop-down smiley menu in grey box above the text window. A green horizontal bar indicates available memory, progressively becoming red as storage depletes. Choose either direct upload or paste an url, close window when finished, submit post when completed.

Lbabylee

Jan 14, 2021
Louisiana
Parrots
Congo African Grey
My Grey regurgitates often. I 100% agree wiht Scott. One warning. Your Grey regurgitates to feed their young. So it will be inevitable he/she will try to feed you out of LOVE. This is a bonding form that should not be encouraged. When Shady tries I turn my head and ignore. Giving her no reaction.

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
It could be she is receiving too much over stimulation in your evening cuddles. Ensure you have appropriate cuddles, no body stroking. Maybe shorten the evening time cuddle a little to head this off. Rather than acting during the event it would be better to avoid it happening IMHO.

bigfellasdad

Sep 21, 2017
Media
NorthWest England
Parrots
Enzo - adopted Female CAG circa 2004. A truly amazing young lady!
It could be she is receiving too much over stimulation in your evening cuddles. Ensure you have appropriate cuddles, no body stroking. Maybe shorten the evening time cuddle a little to head this off. Rather than acting during the event it would be better to avoid it happening IMHO.
Especially this time of the year. Keep touch/cuddles to neck and head only. She loves you loads though :) Enzo will literally lean in to me when she wants cuddles, but still, I keep touch to only her head/neck/beak

Most Reactions

Latest posts