Rehoming Turquoise GCCs

OP
SilverSage

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
See? Lol too many people come to the island, buy a parrot, and then dump the parrot when they leave IF they keep them that long! So yeah, lol, everyone is full.

I thought about the sanctuary on the big island, but I truly believe that sanctuaries should be used as a last resort for unadoptable birds. These two babies are so sweet, smart, not screamers or biters or pluckers, basically they are super well adjusted and would do great in any home with a basic understanding of birds. No other birds I have met would be this easy to work into a new home. Because of that, I would feel guilty sending them to a sanctuary. I took them in myself and I will find a home for them myself. Also, the sanctuary is at capacity as well :(

MyFlock

Apr 15, 2015
Parrots
Conures, 2 Red bellied parrots lovebirds.
In case of my red bellies, the lady was a lifelong resident, older who moved to the mainland to live with her daughter. I think a lot that are rehomed are your Suns and Jendays purchased at Petco, obviously for their beauty as impulse buys and that's military and residents alike. I see them all the time! On Craigslist. That and people breeding excess lovebirds.

I understand that you want to rehome them yourself, I just thought if God forbid something would ever happen to me, which would have to be pretty dire, I myself would probably look into that sanctuary if I wasn't able to find them suitable homes.

OP
SilverSage

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
Yes I agree. And I think they are pretty solid over there. I have someone who is interested right now but I've had a few. Fortunately I am not in a rush and don't have a deadline :)

OP
SilverSage

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Dear world (not members of this forum): just because I'm not asking a rehoming fee does not mean I do not care about these birds and should just hand them over to you without any questions. Please refrain from cussing at me for declining your offer to take my birds "until they can find a good home." That is a foster home, that is what I am doing. You are trying to disguise flipping as foster care. Not ok. Not ok at all.

Most Reactions