Remington gets a shower

triordan

Sep 1, 2010
Maryland
Parrots
Remington~ GW Macaw
Ollie/Olivia~ CAG
this was the first time i tried letting him get inthe shower, he didnt like being sprayed with a sprayer, so i made a shower perch and... tada here it is~
DSC00324.jpg

Im not sure if he was really enjoying himself, he just sat there:red1:

DSC00329.jpg

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
At some point he may start to like it. Rosie does one day and then not the next day. The perch is awesome!!

OP
triordan

triordan

Sep 1, 2010
Maryland
Parrots
Remington~ GW Macaw
Ollie/Olivia~ CAG
his previous owner took him in the shower all the time, im just not ready yet to get in with him, i need a bigger shower! lol

HRH Di

Jan 9, 2010
Media
McKinney, TX
Parrots
Max - Alexandrine, Jade - Red-Front Macaw, Ruby - CAG
I love the pics! Ruby really wants to take a shower but it's kinda scary. She thought about taking a bath in the sink like Jade does, but that just isn't her style.

Cowtown

Aug 4, 2010
Media
Great State of Texas
Parrots
Abby 2 year old Female Eclectus & Solomon 12 year old Male CAG & Dickens 4 year old CAG.
That is so cool. Great Pictures
I have not put Abby in the shower yet... I still just mist her with a fine mist sprayer.

patterson

Nov 3, 2010
belfast, northern ireland
Parrots
vincent-b/g macaw archie-alexandrine and coming in june greenwing macaw and millitary macaw this year too fingers crossed
vince hates the shower unless im havin one at the same time then he loves it

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
At least Remington sat still, so he could not have been that scared

Mishka has never been in the shower with me.....

THANK GOODNESS...... because SHE was dna and is a HE

Last edited:
OP
triordan

triordan

Sep 1, 2010
Maryland
Parrots
Remington~ GW Macaw
Ollie/Olivia~ CAG
yes he did sit still, however when he bathes in his water bowl, his wings flap and he really gets into it!

Crazy4Birds

Oct 20, 2010
CT and FL
Parrots
Nicky (sun conure); RIP Gracie (senegal) and Benson (cockatiel)
Some birds prefer a shower and others prefer a bath. My Nicky absolutely LOVES bathing in the sink with the water running. I cups my hands under the water so he can splash around in it while the water runs on his back. Gracie on the other hand is terrified of running water but likes to bathe in her water bowl every now and then.

I did have to giggle a little bit when I saw the picture of him just sitting there in the shower. He certainly doesn't look like he's enjoying himself but he doesn't really seem bothered too much by it either. Maybe he doesn't know what to think of it yet. Try it again in a few days. The perch you made looks great by the way!

Chris Winkler

Oct 8, 2010
Media
NW Pennsylvania
Parrots
Echo TAG,
Kodak Wt Face Tiel &
Tobi Male Ekkie
My Tobi loves to be showered but I usually do so in the sink. Echo hates the shower but will bath himself in his water bowl when he wants..

OP
triordan

triordan

Sep 1, 2010
Maryland
Parrots
Remington~ GW Macaw
Ollie/Olivia~ CAG
Yep remington usually uses his water bowl too, as a matter of fact i caught some video of him tonight doing it, i will post it on a different thread

Most Reactions

Latest posts