Replacement A&E bowls?

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
Hey, anyone know where to get these?

I misplaced a bowl last night (and am still wandering around the house trying to figure out how or where I sat it down!) but Iā€™m wondering where I could buy back ups or replacements. I went to their website, but the only bowls they have are the kind for their playstands.

I could use a screw in coop cup, but Iā€™m kind of annoyed because obviously, Iā€™d rather use the bowls made to fit into the slots in the dang cage. Surely youā€™d think someone would sell them - I canā€™t be the only person who wants back ups!!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Welcome to the twilight zone of cage water and food bowls.

We have never been successful in finding exact replacement bowls. The last two cages that we purchased we ordered additional bowls. Have had some luck with the Big Box Pet Stores buying cat or reptile bowls. But they never fit the cage or play stand slots. What we buy we set on top of the cage's play area.

May you have far better luck than we have had!!
FYI: You will find that bowl in the last place you look!! I truly disliked that statement!!

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
I found that our local rescue has a pretty good supply of old bowls from surrendered birds. Often times they come in with cages that are way too small for the bird, or they're junk, so they go to the dump, but she saves the bowls because they come in handy for just such an occasion.

OP
ravvlet

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
~~~
Welcome to the twilight zone of cage water and food bowls.

We have never been successful in finding exact replacement bowls. The last two cages that we purchased we ordered additional bowls. Have had some luck with the Big Box Pet Stores buying cat or reptile bowls. But they never fit the cage or play stand slots. What we buy we set on top of the cage's play area.

May you have far better luck than we have had!!
FYI: You will find that bowl in the last place you look!! I truly disliked that statement!!
I did in fact find it in the last place I looked, haha!

Man, thatā€™s wild. They could charge practically whatever they wanted and Iā€™d pay it at this point!

Iā€™ll have to ask next time Iā€™m in Incaā€™s if hey have extra bowls, but I remember them telling me once that they tend to be short on bowls because theyā€™re as bad as I am about misplacing them šŸ˜

OP
ravvlet

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
~~~

The first link only has the screw on coop cups and the tree stand bowls:
IMG_0290.jpeg

the second link only has the bolt on style of cup; I have plenty of those! They do not fit into the cage rings.

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Perhaps call them directly and ask? I don't know about A&E, but I needed to replace a caster that was lost in transit from the Avian Adventures cage that Baxter came with. I think Midwest is the parent company of I remember right. Customer service was surprisingly helpful and I got it ordered through them.

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Feb 20, 2022
I've been wondering this too, because I'd like to get extras just to make worknight meal prep and cleanup easier. I got really lucky that Opie's mom gave me all hers so I have a few that fit but I don't recommend that method of bowl acquisition ;)

Most Reactions

Latest posts