Requesting Recommendations for parrot sitting in philadelphia

Zorbtron88

Jun 9, 2022
Parrots
Sweetie (umbrella cockatoo)
Hello I was wondering if anybody could recommend parrot sitting services in the Philadelphia area.

Pet sitter wanted for our Parrot (8yr old Umbrella Cockatoo). Responsibilities include potentially putting food in his bowl and checking his water.

Time: 1-3hrs a day between 12 -5pm (times negotiable)

Monday to Friday but doesn’t have to be every day. Potentially some weekends.

Not required to take the bird out of cage to play but feel free if you are experienced with Parrots. He loves to be pet through the cage.
Being present in the same room is just fine because he needs company, they are social animals. He is in a large first floor room with a large table and internet access if you need to work/school work and/or other or to have lunch etc. while you are in the house. Non-smoker

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
Hello I was wondering if anybody could recommend parrot sitting services in the Philadelphia area.

Pet sitter wanted for our Parrot (8yr old Umbrella Cockatoo). Responsibilities include potentially putting food in his bowl and checking his water.

Time: 1-3hrs a day between 12 -5pm (times negotiable)

Monday to Friday but doesn’t have to be every day. Potentially some weekends.

Not required to take the bird out of cage to play but feel free if you are experienced with Parrots. He loves to be pet through the cage.
Being present in the same room is just fine because he needs company, they are social animals. He is in a large first floor room with a large table and internet access if you need to work/school work and/or other or to have lunch etc. while you are in the house. Non-smoker
Hmmm, I'm not sure anyone on here can, but why do you need a pet sitter? If you are never home, than it may be best to responsibly rehome your 'too. If you're only gone for 1-3 hours, the 'too should be ok? Take my advice with a grain of salt, but my little flock is home alone for 6-7 hours on a school day.

It's not about the quantity on attention, it's about the quality! I also personally wouldn't let a group of teens pet-sit, or ANY teen for that matter (unless you know them well). I'm a teen, and I am very good with birds, but most teens aren't that way. And I wouldn't be suprised if a teen just ended up stressing the bird by playing loud/uncomfortable (to the bird) music, bringing friends over, pushing the bird's buttons accidentally, etc. Not saying all teens are like this, but I'd err on the side of caution, especially with such a sensitive bird.

Most Reactions

Latest posts