onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
Ona loves to take showers with me. She always sits on the towel rack in the back of the shower and enjoys the steam.

Today she decided she really wanted some water herself and jumped off the rack and landed on the floor. She landed with her wings extended, she is clipped. The water was hot at this point but there wasn’t much on the shower floor and I was blocking the shower spray. I scooped her up and turned the water to cold, how she likes it, and let her get some spray bouncing off my hand. She seemed to like it but then she went totally limp just lying in my hand and wouldn’t move or step off back to the towel rack. She was very still for about 5ish minutes, unable to step up or move much. Now she is totally normal and moving as normal.

Was she in shock from the cold water?? She normally likes it cold. She is acting completely normal now I just don’t understand what happened to my baby 😞

OP
onamom

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
She is still doing just fine now so I guess she will be ok

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I’m sorry that I didn’t see your post.

I don’t know what happened to Ona but I’m glad she’s ok now.

OP
onamom

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
I’m sorry that I didn’t see your post.

I don’t know what happened to Ona but I’m glad she’s ok now.
It was so weird. I really think maybe it was temperature shock. I’ll try to make the water a little warmer next time, like lukewarm. I guess the transition from shower steam to cold water put her into shock.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
their bodies are so tiny that maybe it changed HER body temperature.

Most Reactions

Latest posts