Rest in peace River.

Ma2s

Oct 3, 2021
PA
Parrots
Timneh-Cape Hybrid,
Blue-crowned Conure
Hello all. My heart is wrenched to have to write this. My conure, River passed away today suddenly. They believe it was something internally that she already had that caused it. I only had her for a week and I loved her so very much. This post serves as a memorial for my baby girl. I’ll post photos of her so I can always look back and think of her. I also ask that if anyone has anyway with helping with guilt and the loss, please let me know.
In that last photo, you are sitting in the very same seat that I held my bird Arno in for the very first time. I can’t imagine losing him, so I understand, and I am so sorry for your loss.
What a small world.

miki

Jun 26, 2014
Hello all. My heart is wrenched to have to write this. My conure, River passed away today suddenly. They believe it was something internally that she already had that caused it. I only had her for a week and I loved her so very much. This post serves as a memorial for my baby girl. I’ll post photos of her so I can always look back and think of her. I also ask that if anyone has anyway with helping with guilt and the loss, please let me know.
Hi--

Very sorry about your loss! Losing a pet, especially so suddenly like that, is rather rough, as pets are so like and so part of the family. I lost my Noble Macaw, McGee, just 2 months shy of his 20th birthday, due to unknown causes, back in early February of 2010. It was not a pleasant surprise. Although I have a lovely, lively female captivity-born and raised 12 year old pet Congo African Grey parrot named Aziza, who I love very much and regularly give TLC to, I still think about McGee every once in a blue moon. Take the time that you need to in order to grieve. All the best of luck.

Most Reactions

Latest posts