Rest in peace River.

a.linacarvin

Jan 25, 2021
PA
Parrots
mango: pineapple or cinnamon green cheek conure ,, male
sweet pea: black-capped conure ,, unknown
RIP ,, river: pineapple or cinnamon green cheek conure ,, assumed female ,,
Hello all. My heart is wrenched to have to write this. My conure, River passed away today suddenly. They believe it was something internally that she already had that caused it. I only had her for a week and I loved her so very much. This post serves as a memorial for my baby girl. I’ll post photos of her so I can always look back and think of her. I also ask that if anyone has anyway with helping with guilt and the loss, please let me know.

Attachments

• 23BD891A-E8BC-4AAE-999B-E4F1976D231C.jpeg
    23BD891A-E8BC-4AAE-999B-E4F1976D231C.jpeg
    236.7 KB · Views: 207
  • B3C47D8D-7C27-47C6-870B-CBC21D278F24.jpeg
    B3C47D8D-7C27-47C6-870B-CBC21D278F24.jpeg
    218.2 KB · Views: 217
  • 6C57E429-2D13-47D5-9408-8280B893C4B3.jpeg
    6C57E429-2D13-47D5-9408-8280B893C4B3.jpeg
    231.4 KB · Views: 206
  • A37FC76B-912F-4D19-BB11-1F7435F80E6A.jpeg
    A37FC76B-912F-4D19-BB11-1F7435F80E6A.jpeg
    210.2 KB · Views: 211
  • 3D837213-F13D-46A7-8456-08E0BDB69564.jpeg
    3D837213-F13D-46A7-8456-08E0BDB69564.jpeg
    243.7 KB · Views: 205
  • 2B9F63FF-48F4-49C4-8FC5-4A7025AAC7E2.jpeg
    2B9F63FF-48F4-49C4-8FC5-4A7025AAC7E2.jpeg
    320.6 KB · Views: 201
  • 4414085B-72E2-40DB-938D-7992E517913C.jpeg
    4414085B-72E2-40DB-938D-7992E517913C.jpeg
    211.6 KB · Views: 206
D

Deleted member 42416

I am so sorry for your loss! River was a beautiful gcc! It very much looks like you were taking great care of her. God put her with you so that she could have the best “last week”.

I have owned and lost birds over the years and it hurts. Sometimes we know why, but most of the time we don’t, especially if it was before their time. Please have solace in the fact that that she KNEW she was loved when she passed. We can all only hope for the same when it is our time!

Let yourself grieve. It’s ok. When you are ready, a rescue birby will be waiting!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
a.linacarvin, I'm so very sorry for your loss of dear little River, my heart truly hurts for you losing her so soon. These precious babies carve out a spot in our hearts so quickly and leave such an awful, aching void when they are gone, and it doesn't matter if they're only with us for a short time, the pain is no less biting. You must try not to torment yourself with the "what-ifs", although I know from personal experience how hard that is to do. Beak-Beak is right, sweet little River passed enfolded by your love and that is what is most important to remember right now.

Godspeed to the Rainbow Bridge, darling River, until we all meet again 🙏

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
My heart goes out to you, I'm so sorry. Losing a bird is never easy, but it's going to be okay. I'm not going to say you'll "get over it"-you won't. But maybe one day, you can think of her and smile instead of being sad. River was a beautiful bird. Fly free little conure, you will be missed ❤️

If you need someone to talk to, a whole forum of people are right here

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Oh such a huge hurt to loose you beautiful baby. I'm so sorry..
Birds do hide being sick as a hardwired evolution. Its unfair that they do this...... so they can and do have sudden death without letting us know something was wrong. It has happened to me as well, tho we had 17 years.
One of our only tools is weight check, using a digital kitchen scale. As a majority will start dropping weight when something is wrong, letting us catch it early. For new burds I recommend daily weight checks for tge first 2 weeks then weekly for life.
As I'm not sure if you've had burds before, there are many household toxins thst burds are uniquely sensitive to, Teflon bring the big one and its a hidden danger with cookware, air fryers, insta pots, ironing boards and more.

Its so obvious from your pictures how wonderful her life was with you. How much love you both had. A day, a week , or a lifetime it hurts so much to loose them.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I'm so very sorry for your loss of beautiful River. They steal our hearts the moment we bring them home, and the goodbyes are so difficult.
Fly free, River, you will be missed.

Farnoosh

Aug 7, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Parrots
Paisley, pineapple green cheek born February 12, 2021, and
Daisy the most beautiful Pineapple green cheek, currently flying in paradise RIP February 2, 2020 – August 14, 2021
I'm so sorry for your loss. My heart truly goes out to you. I lost my pineapple green cheek just over two months ago and I know how much it hurts. Not sure if I can give you any "advice" about the guilt, but all I can say from what I have experienced and have learned, is that it is part of the grieving process. Be gentle with yourself. Birds are delicate creatures. No matter how experienced we are, and how "perfect" we try to be, we can suddenly lose them. Sending you much love and strength 🌹 May River rest in peace in birdie heaven🌷

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
My deepest condolences, very sorry your beloved River has passed. Sudden untimely loss bound to foster sense of guilt, yearning for unrealized stream of memories. Sometimes a brief interlude is all we have, may you be comforted by gorgeous images of River.

caring

Aug 9, 2020
Hello all. My heart is wrenched to have to write this. My conure, River passed away today suddenly. They believe it was something internally that she already had that caused it. I only had her for a week and I loved her so very much. This post serves as a memorial for my baby girl. I’ll post photos of her so I can always look back and think of her. I also ask that if anyone has anyway with helping with guilt and the loss, please let me know.
a.linacarvin,
Loving River was such a gift to her. It takes time to heal from a lost-love, especially when it is a sudden loss. I know it varies from person to person so remember Grieving is a normal process.
Like so many others, I have found that remembering the love, the joy, and the special antics that my dear ekkie brought to me has helped [My Dillbird passed away suddenly in June].
The way forward is with love, to be kind with yourself and let go of the guilt.

BIRDM0M23

Feb 3, 2021
Whitehouse, OH
Parrots
Green Cheeked Conure
Cinnamon Conure
Cockatiel
My deepest sympathy and condolences for the passing of your FeatherBaby 😥

OrrinocosMom

Jul 29, 2021
Media
Albums
New England
Parrots
Orrinoco The Pirate
Oh Dear I'm feeling so hard with you right now!! I can only imagine how painful this must be!!! Sending you huge hugs and wishes for all your beautiful memories of your week together to bring warmth to your heart . Blessings too upon your sweet River... May the next flight be a shimmering one to a shimmering place.
❤️🦜❤️

GreenwingGal

Mar 7, 2018
Parrots
african grey
I am so sorry for your sweet parrot River's passing. They touch us in the most special places. I am a bird lover myself and an animal communicator and medium. If you might like to communicate with your bird reach out to me. I have helped many people with the death of their beloved animals. Here is my website for more info. http://www.animalcommunicator.xyz God bless you.

nellybly1900

Oct 15, 2018
I am so sorry for your loss. My double yellow head is 31 years old. I know one day she will be gone. I don’t know how you do get over it. They are our buddies.

Most Reactions