Ringnecks

Zeb

Oct 6, 2021
Parrots
Ringnecks
Can anybody help me. My IRNSmale and female. The female is plucking the feathers of the male bird on his back and under the tail. How can I stop her from doing this.

OP
Z

Zeb

Oct 6, 2021
Parrots
Ringnecks
Hi. I have tried separating them. But the male bird goes bonkers and won't stop crying. Is there anything I can rub on the males back to stop the female from pulling out his feathers. He has lost alot of feathers. I can see alot of raw skin. Please can you help me find a solution.

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Hi. I have tried separating them. But the male bird goes bonkers and won't stop crying. Is there anything I can rub on the males back to stop the female from pulling out his feathers. He has lost alot of feathers. I can see alot of raw skin. Please can you help me find a solution.
Maybe you can try getting him a companion of his own? But only get another bird if you are ready and want one for yourself. There is a good chance two birds will not like each other.
Please note that even in separate cages, they should get to see each other outside of the cage every day. Supervised, of course.

OP
Z

Zeb

Oct 6, 2021
Parrots
Ringnecks
Maybe you can try getting him a companion of his own? But only get another bird if you are ready and want one for yourself. There is a good chance two birds will not like each other.
Please note that even in separate cages, they should get to see each other outside of the cage every day. Supervised, of course.
Thank you. I have already got four Ringnecks. Two males and two females. I will try separating them in different cages and let them out under supervision. I hope that might stop the female from plucking out his feathers. Fingers crossed. Thank you

OP
Z

Zeb

Oct 6, 2021
Parrots
Ringnecks
Hi my female is still plucking out his feathers. Also trying to separate into two cages makes the male very unhappy and he sits crying and has gone off his food. It breaks my heart to see him like that. Someone told me to rub some tumeric water on his back and legs and that should stop the female from plucking. Have you heard about this. I have not tried it yet cos I don't want to harm the bird. Please help me. I'm very worried. Thank you.

Most Reactions

Latest posts