Rip Knox

Jan 12, 2024
Parrots
Sparky- budgie
Niko- white bellied caique
In July 2023, I got a sweet budgie named Knox, hoping he could be friends with Sparky. He lived in a separate cage and became pretty tame pretty quickly. I kept him in that cage for like two months until it was finally time for his vet appointment, which was on September 12th. The whole day I was at school, I was so excited to take him to the vet and have him checked out, so that him and Sparky could be introduced. I even cancelled an after school meeting to take him to the vet. When I got home, I went to go get him, still very excited. I didn’t see him on his perch, but he also used to play with finger traps on the bottom of his cage so I wasn’t worried. I opened the door and instead of taking him out, I took his body out. He passed from a broken neck while I was at school. After he passed, I made salt dough prints with him. I still
IMG_1899.jpeg
miss him every day and wish him and Sparky could be friends.

Attachments

• IMG_2228.jpeg
    IMG_2228.jpeg
    201.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2537.jpeg
    IMG_2537.jpeg
    309.1 KB · Views: 9

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
In July 2023, I got a sweet budgie named Knox, hoping he could be friends with Sparky. He lived in a separate cage and became pretty tame pretty quickly. I kept him in that cage for like two months until it was finally time for his vet appointment, which was on September 12th. The whole day I was at school, I was so excited to take him to the vet and have him checked out, so that him and Sparky could be introduced. I even cancelled an after school meeting to take him to the vet. When I got home, I went to go get him, still very excited. I didn’t see him on his perch, but he also used to play with finger traps on the bottom of his cage so I wasn’t worried. I opened the door and instead of taking him out, I took his body out. He passed from a broken neck while I was at school. After he passed, I made salt dough prints with him. I still View attachment 57181miss him every day and wish him and Sparky could be friends.
I'm so sorry for your loss of sweet little Knox, I know how deeply it hurts. Truly even the littlest of them take the biggest chunk of our hearts with them when they leave us, no matter how long or short a time we are blessed to have them. Fly high and free, beautiful little bird, you will be forever loved and missed 🌈💝

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
My condolences. It's always hard when our feathered friends leave us, they capture our hearts and leave us with happy memories

Most Reactions

Latest posts