RIP Mr. Kiwi

Amber8904

Dec 12, 2021
Parrots
Indian Ringneck
Here is my sweet baby boy that passed away today. I miss him so much I will never forgive myself, I miss your sweet voice already 😢
20210723_172404.jpg
20210716_142613.jpg

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
I'm so sorry Amber, Kiwi was indeed a very lovely, handsome boy. Honestly there are very few situations where we don't feel guilty or blame ourselves for the loss of a beloved birdie, regardless of the circumstances. That you feel this way is a testament to how much you loved him, and you always will. Please try to be kind to yourself Amber, accidental loss is doubly devastating and shocking but Kiwi knows that you never would have done anything deliberately to harm him.

Fly high, little Kiwi. The love that you and your mum had for each other is still alive, and it always will be 💞

OP
A

Amber8904

Dec 12, 2021
Parrots
Indian Ringneck
I'm so sorry Amber, Kiwi was indeed a very lovely, handsome boy. Honestly there are very few situations where we don't feel guilty or blame ourselves for the loss of a beloved birdie, regardless of the circumstances. That you feel this way is a testament to how much you loved him, and you always will. Please try to be kind to yourself Amber, accidental loss is doubly devastating and shocking but Kiwi knows that you never would have done anything deliberately to harm him.

Fly high, little Kiwi. The love that you and your mum had for each other is still alive, and it always will be 💞
Thank you for the kind words much appreciated!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
You're more than welcome Amber. I'm so sorry that you are going through all this - I'd be heartbroken over the loss of a lovely boy like Kiwi too.

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
What a beautiful boy. I'm so sorry. I can only imagine the pain you must be going through. Sending lots of love your way ❤️

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
Thank you for sharing your experience. It will teach all of us on here not to close a door without checking for our feathered friends behind us. Some birds fly very quickly. I have a parrot with a broken wing who will run behind me following me all over the house. I at times get busy, and forget how fragile he is.

I am so sorry for your loss. I know no words will bring Kiwi back. Just know that there are so many supportive people on here.

Most Reactions

Latest posts