Rubbing head against me and then biting??

Raz

Feb 19, 2022
Parrots
Two Jendays conures!
I’ve got two Jenday conures, both adults! Lately , the female has been sitting on my chest and shoulder while I’m laying down and just gliding her face against me while being super fluffed up. She’s still scared of hands and doesn’t like being pet, so I’m not sure what it is. Additionally , when she’s done she will give me a soft bite. I’m trying to do my own research but it says she’s might have mites but I highly highly doubt that it is. Another source said it was for attention which seems reasonable since I’m usually working. She also tries to regurgitate (correct me if I’m wrong please!) without throwing up.( it’s not head bobbling) as I’m typing this she’s doing it right now, and even if it’s cute im scared that it’s something wrong and idk how I should stop it. Doesn’t anyone have an idea?

eman

Jul 10, 2021
Kuwait
Parrots
Rainbow Lories: Mathew & Mia 🤍
I read about regurgitation, as my bird Mathew once “I think and not 100% sure) regurgitated. I found that it is a sign of love .. “it's very common for pet birds to regurgitate on other birds, their favorite people, or even their favorite toys. If your bird regurgitates on you, it's most likely a sign of affection”

OP
Raz

Raz

Feb 19, 2022
Parrots
Two Jendays conures!
yayyy!! That’s adorable, but I also heard that it’s also a sign that they wanna mate? Also, does any of the rubbing action contribute?

eman

Jul 10, 2021
Kuwait
Parrots
Rainbow Lories: Mathew & Mia 🤍
yayyy!! That’s adorable, but I also heard that it’s also a sign that they wanna mate? Also, does any of the rubbing action contribute?
Seems like you’re right, I found this from the previous source.

“The first thing to understand about behavioral regurgitation is that your bird is demonstrating a sexual behavior towards you. Regurgitation is a courtship behavior- this is a behabvior that indicates your bird is seeing you as a romantic/sexual partner, likely as a result of inappropriate touching or cuddling (ie petting a bird along the back, under the wings, tail, legs, etc. (anywhere but the head), cuddling in a hut/tent, etc).”

Reactions: Raz
OP
Raz

Raz

Feb 19, 2022
Parrots
Two Jendays conures!
Seems like you’re right, I found this from the previous source.

“The first thing to understand about behavioral regurgitation is that your bird is demonstrating a sexual behavior towards you. Regurgitation is a courtship behavior- this is a behabvior that indicates your bird is seeing you as a romantic/sexual partner, likely as a result of inappropriate touching or cuddling (ie petting a bird along the back, under the wings, tail, legs, etc. (anywhere but the head), cuddling in a hut/tent, etc).”
I also read that dark places aid these behaviors and my birds have found a dark place to sit on outside. I’ve made them stop in fear of them becoming to hormonal and causing behavior problems

Most Reactions