Saying goodbye is never easy

Mariar

May 9, 2014
Clearwater Florida but grew up in Wisconsin
Parrots
Doolie,Yellow nape amazon(r.i.p.03/10/15)
Sissy,severe macaw(rescued on 03-16-15) chirpy,sparrow(beak less) jack,Jill,chase,fiona,finch, and tiger,sulfer crested(rescued 04/15/20
Not only did I have to say goodbye to schnapps ,he went back to his forever home, but my one and only sugar glider Vega was diagnosed with stage four bone cancer and after a whole lot of money we decided it was best to put her to rest. Her health went down hill with in a few days and she wasn’t the same .I miss my Vega she was 12 And she will be my last sugie 🥺

25672d1610991949-saying-goodbye-never-easy-zz7a1j.jpg

Attachments

• zz7a1j.jpg
    zz7a1j.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 126
Last edited by a moderator:

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
I'm so sorry for your losses Mariar. In many ways these little ones are so resilient yet so fragile and nursing Vega through her cancer must have been very difficult for you, but you made the right decision and she is now at peace. Thank you for sharing that precious photo of that gorgeous little sweetheart with us, Vega passed being loved by you and that is a wonderful gift.

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
My oldest daughter always had sugar gliders. They are really cuddly little ones!
As a child I used to keep flying squirrels, not at all the same, but still sweet!
I am so sorry for your loss!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
There is such heartache with their loss as they have created homes in our hearts. The amazing part is that they commonly create a place for another, it just takes time for us to find and fill that spot.

Our memories do not fade, they will always be with us.

Huge, Warm, Amazon Feather Hugs and Prayers your way!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
I am so sorry Maria, my deepest condolences for your loss of Vega. May her sweet memories bring you immense comfort.

OP
Mariar

Mariar

May 9, 2014
Clearwater Florida but grew up in Wisconsin
Parrots
Doolie,Yellow nape amazon(r.i.p.03/10/15)
Sissy,severe macaw(rescued on 03-16-15) chirpy,sparrow(beak less) jack,Jill,chase,fiona,finch, and tiger,sulfer crested(rescued 04/15/20
Thank you everyone! It’s been harder than expected. For 25 years I have rescued sugar gliders and have had as many as 15 at one time. I guess because I made the decision to not rescue any more at this time n my life it made it very hard to say good bye. I plan on donating all my glider supplies to a rescue in Tampa. Or anyone who is interested.
I still have sissy and tiger. Jack,Jill and Fiona my finches and chirpy my sparrow and 10 cats to keep me busy. But who I’m I kidding I can’t stop rescuing animas in need lol

X5ep6vC.jpg

Attachments

• D02BAE80-184C-4A12-A3C9-DF8E5428FC5D.jpg
    D02BAE80-184C-4A12-A3C9-DF8E5428FC5D.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 121
Last edited by a moderator:

Most Reactions

Latest posts