Scary new Java tree

Bluemoonlvr

Jun 3, 2012
Parrots
Taz - Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Lacey - Goffin's Cockatoo, Pikachu & Roo - Cockatiels
Hey Guys!
So today I went to a bird store that I've been meaning to go to for a while. And of course I bought my baby bird all types of new toys. And I also bought him a new java tree. I was so excited to bring it home and see if he liked it. So I set it up and just my luck he was terrified of it. But after some coaxing from me he finally stepped up onto it and found a treat bowl full of yummy sunflower seeds and we realized "Oh! This isn't that bad!" Now I have a happy galah playing on his new stand :D

538763_4487820395731_1059358090_n.jpg

199654_4487822635787_749893609_n.jpg

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
Aww ,so cute :). Looks very happy and content now
My goffin will have nothing to do with my java trees. Will not even land on them.
These are huge trees , and it does take some flight maneuverability to get by them if he is down that end of the room. But he still will fly around,through and over them ,but refuses to land on one !! I can't believe it ! We have had them here for months , it's when I brought home my HY Stella . Anyways ,my Galah ,Rosie , loves them , go figure ......

Sarahtheumbrella

Jun 22, 2012
Parrots
a beautiful umbrella cockatoo
Oh yeah, Sarah hates her stand...although it is not java! If only she could see how truly fun the stand can be!

I am very happy your galah finally decided to have fun on his stand. He is VERY beautiful and happy!

Mare Miller

Banned
Banned
May 14, 2011
Media
sierra foothills of central California
Parrots
13yr. old male umbrella cockatoo,
we call him Amigo!

7yr. old Goffin cockatoo, she IS Sassy!!
My goffin will have nothing to do with my java trees. Will not even land on them.
These are huge trees , and it does take some flight maneuverability to get by them if he is down that end of the room. But he still will fly around,through and over them ,but refuses to land on one !! I can't believe it ! We have had them here for months , it's when I brought home my HY Stella . Anyways ,my Galah ,Rosie , loves them , go figure ......

Cockatoos are such weirdos! Amigo chewed through his "ramp", it fell 15 ft. to the ground. My husband replaced it, this was two and a half months ago. He threw a FIT!, and has not touched one foot on it!,,, freakin' weirdo, ugh..

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Senegal: Oliver ~~
Yellow-Sided GCC's: Bella and Zora ~~
R.I.P Tweeters the Cockatiel<3

Cockatoos are such weirdos! Amigo chewed through his "ramp", it fell 15 ft. to the ground. My husband replaced it, this was two and a half months ago. He threw a FIT!, and has not touched one foot on it!,,, freakin' weirdo, ugh..
Lol so weird...and cute lol. :D Taz is so darn cute. :)

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
aww ,so cute :). Looks very happy and content now
my goffin will have nothing to do with my java trees. Will not even land on them.
These are huge trees , and it does take some flight maneuverability to get by them if he is down that end of the room. But he still will fly around,through and over them ,but refuses to land on one !! I can't believe it ! We have had them here for months , it's when i brought home my hy stella . Anyways ,my galah ,rosie , loves them , go figure ......

cockatoos are such weirdos! Amigo chewed through his "ramp", it fell 15 ft. To the ground. My husband replaced it, this was two and a half months ago. He threw a fit!, and has not touched one foot on it!,,, freakin' weirdo, ugh..

roflmao :d:d:d

terry52449

Feb 11, 2012
Media
The Villages, Fl
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo: Cameo
Cameo has had her Java tree play gym now for 6 months and she loves it. She will spend an equal amount of time between her cage, play gym on top of her cage and the Java tree. I am still trying to find toys for her but I find the most simple of things are the best. A cardboard box will give her hours of enjoyment and also keep her claws filed down. Any foraging toys can also keep her occupied for a while but once she has mastered the toy it has to get changed out with a different one. This will keep her thinking. It is fun watching her figure these out. The Java tree was very expensive and maybe not necessary but I feel well worth the money after watching her playing on it.

Most Reactions

Latest posts