School starts soon, need to make a new routine

SpinySpino

Jan 6, 2023
Parrots
Mojo- Jenday Conure
As stated in the title, school will start for me soon and im worried on how this will affect my jenday conure. These days he usually gets covered to sleep at 7:00-7:30 pm and gets up at around 7:00-7:45 am, along with everyone else in the house, and also gets his food and water replaced at that time. The problem is that since my school starts early, I get up at 5:30 am and leave at 6:15 am. I thought about putting his cage covering earlier so he’ll get more sleep, but my family is usually still doing stuff (which results in lots of door opening noises and lights being turned on) around that time and even later at night so im not sure if it’ll be effective or not. Im thinking that the best choice would be to move him in a separate room away from the morning rush for the time being but im still drawing a blank on what to do when it comes to replacing his food and water bowls- because then I would just have to wake him up at the end. If anyone happens to have any ideas or suggestions on what to do in this situation, I would greatly appreciate them. Thank you in advance!

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Uncover him before you leave, if the rest of the household is still asleep hopefully he will sleep too.

Or make sure someone will uncover him by X. A.m.

OP
SpinySpino

SpinySpino

Jan 6, 2023
Parrots
Mojo- Jenday Conure
Uncover him before you leave, if the rest of the household is still asleep hopefully he will sleep too.

Or make sure someone will uncover him by X. A.m.
Alright then, I’ll try this and hopefully he’ll keep sleeping after everyone leaves. Thank you for answering!

Most Reactions

Latest posts