Seattle parrot expo

ifnlovebirds

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
May 23, 2022
Parrots
Eclectus, conure, and cockatiel
Hello,
Is anyone here in the area of Seattle WA and have heard ab the Seattle parrot expo? Iā€™m trying to look for people who also are passionate about free flying their birds. I have not met many people who enjoy bird keeping in my area and looking to see if anyone on this forum (around my age) is a part of that specific parrot expo. It seems pretty legit and most workers seem to be volunteers (which is a good thing) and I am hoping to meet new parrot loving friends. If you arenā€™t part of/ or heard of the parrot expo but interested in joining, does anyone my age want to join together?

The link below is to their website:

Also since this is related to free flight I thought this would be the place to post, i apologize if this is the wrong category and will remove if instructed.

Thanks!

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
Hey, Debbie Goodrich runs that group and sheā€™s really cool. She worked with our newest Amazon Sammy while we were getting her settled into our household. Iā€™ve been to a few of the flight club meetings.

I think there are some important caveats to make here -

The flight club meet ups are always indoors in something like a gymnasium so thereā€™s no risk of escape or predators. Also, Debbie requires proof of vet history and a copy of an annual exam with blood work indicating normal health for your bird dated within the last calendar year.

The expo is not actually about free flight, itā€™s just an expo for fellow parrot enthusiasts to get together. There are often some really cool guest speakers as well as plethora of volunteer birds on display. The last time I went was in 2019 and I got to meet a palm cockatoo! Debbie is one of the many members of the local rescue community for parrots and a generally awesome human being.

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
~~~
I should add, you canā€™t bring your own birds to the expo; and the birds who are there are all screened on site by a vet; or at least they were last time I am pretty sure.

Are you looking to volunteer? Iā€™m sure they could use more people. We are all stuck in Covid isolation so weā€™ll probably miss the whole show this year.

OP
ifnlovebirds

ifnlovebirds

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
May 23, 2022
Parrots
I should add, you canā€™t bring your own birds to the expo; and the birds who are there are all screened on site by a vet; or at least they were last time I am pretty sure.

Are you looking to volunteer? Iā€™m sure they could use more people. We are all stuck in Covid isolation so weā€™ll probably miss the whole show this year.
I was thinking of volunteering!! YES i read the disclaimer about bringing in birds and to check in with the manager with vet logs!!

OP
ifnlovebirds

ifnlovebirds

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
May 23, 2022
Parrots
Hey, Debbie Goodrich runs that group and sheā€™s really cool. She worked with our newest Amazon Sammy while we were getting her settled into our household. Iā€™ve been to a few of the flight club meetings.

I think there are some important caveats to make here -

The flight club meet ups are always indoors in something like a gymnasium so thereā€™s no risk of escape or predators. Also, Debbie requires proof of vet history and a copy of an annual exam with blood work indicating normal health for your bird dated within the last calendar year.

The expo is not actually about free flight, itā€™s just an expo for fellow parrot enthusiasts to get together. There are often some really cool guest speakers as well as plethora of volunteer birds on display. The last time I went was in 2019 and I got to meet a palm cockatoo! Debbie is one of the many members of the local rescue community for parrots and a generally awesome human being.
omg this is great information THANK YOU for sharing i saw that there is an event on the 23-24th! Will you be attending that?

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
~~~
No, like I said, we all got sick with Covid so we wonā€™t be in attendance. The event on the 23-24 is the expo. Itā€™s a once a year fundraising event for the group. Thatā€™s the one you canā€™t bring your pet bird to. The regular flight group meetings you can once youā€™ve been cleared by the person keeping tabs on everyoneā€™s vet records.

OP
ifnlovebirds

ifnlovebirds

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
May 23, 2022
Parrots
No, like I said, we all got sick with Covid so we wonā€™t be in attendance. The event on the 23-24 is the expo. Itā€™s a once a year fundraising event for the group. Thatā€™s the one you canā€™t bring your pet bird to. The regular flight group meetings you can once youā€™ve been cleared by the person keeping tabs on everyoneā€™s vet records.
Oh i see thank you :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts