Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
My beloved Phoedle-dee-dee,
I miss you just as much as I did when you crossed the bridge four years ago.
At times it feels like forever ago, other times like it happened yesterday.
I can finally think about you and smile, remembering all the wonderful things that made you you.

Despite having almost no feathers, you always kept the other birds in line. They knew not to mess with a mad Phoe:)
Remember when you used to step up and then shout "NO!" as loud as you could, and then start laughing at your joke? I do.

Jax is doing well, but he still calls for you. Your name is one of the only things he can say. Sometimes he yells your name and dashes over into your cage. He will sit by where you used to sleep and be so content. I think he feels you there, just as I do. I look at your cage that we couldn't bear to take down and can see you peeking your head out of your hut, ready to start the day.

Thank you for all you gave us, Baby Boy, you were truly a gift. You will always be my Perfectly Imperfect Heartbird.

Love and miss you so much,
Mom & Jax

LyuOd6G.jpg

BDQZUFy.jpg

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Aww. Poor nekkid Phoe looks like a sweet bird with lots of attitude.
He was sweet and definitely had attitude! He was funny, and ornery, and caring. He was always perfect in my eyes:)

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
It’s a privilege, although a terrible one sometimes, to love them until the very end. And even beyond the end since that bond can never be broken. Phoe could not have been more perfect if he tried. Sending prayers of comfort to you and Jax today, I know that we will all be reunited with them at the Rainbow Bridge. 🙏 🌈

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
It’s a privilege, although a terrible one sometimes, to love them until the very end. And even beyond the end since that bond can never be broken. Phoe could not have been more perfect if he tried. Sending prayers of comfort to you and Jax today, I know that we will all be reunited with them at the Rainbow Bridge. 🙏 🌈
Thank you so much, my Friend, I appreciate that so much. I believe that he, Baci and Precious Lily are up there smiling down on both of us, in between getting into mischief:)

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
The best birds are the rehomed and bare birds.

After my first Quaker, Gonzo, passed on, I asked the local parrot club to keep an eye out for a “special needs” Quaker. I got referred to Lucy’s first mom and heard about Lucy, who had A LOT of physical issues. My coworkers tried to persuade me to get a baby bird so I wouldn’t be heartbroken, but I met Lucy and she struck my eye and I struck hers.

She was the best bird for many many years. We owe it to parrots to make a home for every bird.

Last edited:
OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
The best birds are the rehomed and bare birds.
They sure can be, and are in my house. They need us the most.
I shudder to think of how many times Phoe would have been rehomed simply because of his looks had I not taken him.
That wasn't going to happen, I knew from the minute he stepped up and bit me and laughed that he would be mine.

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Awwww Terry, I'm right there with you. Something truly special about the "different" ones who just need to be loved. They give so much back in return and worm their way into our hearts. ❤️ Sweet little Phoe has a legacy that lives on in all of us who read about him. I have no doubt he's watching over you now, just as you watched over him his whole life.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Awwww Terry, I'm right there with you. Something truly special about the "different" ones who just need to be loved. They give so much back in return and worm their way into our hearts. ❤️ Sweet little Phoe has a legacy that lives on in all of us who read about him. I have no doubt he's watching over you now, just as you watched over him his whole life.
Terry I feel for you both. I remember Phoe too! Soft comfort for the new year my friend.
Jon and Al, I wish you knew how much it means to me that Phoe is remembered. As long as he is remembered, he will never really be gone.
He touched so many people in his way too short life, it's like he was sent here to teach me the beauty of imperfect birds. Because of him, that is what we took in...birds with issues.
His influence gave me such a beautiful, wonderful flock, ones that no one else wanted. Boy, did those people miss out on some fantastic birds.

Thank you two for your comments, they touched my heart.
Jon, I'm sure that Phoe and Patches are having a fine old time together across that bridge.

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Like I said, right there with you. You know I have a soft spot for the "imperfect" too. Thank you, Patches. And thank you Phoe ❤️

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
This time of year seems to bring memories to the surface. Likely part of one's reviewing the passing year(s) or the recent loss of loved ones.

We are experiencing a Winter's break, a warm-up, that allowed me the opportunity to visit the resting places of those who have crossed-over. Tears are more comforting as memories of the wonderful times and special moments they provided when the temperature is above freezing and the wind is still.

I am reminded that part of all the pain of their loss will be offset by the joy of seeing them again when it is our turn. I recall words of comfort my dear Mother provided; The hard part of getting old is the loss of near all of those close, the joy is knowing they are waiting.

Phoe will be very near, if not the first to greet you and that is comforting.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
This time of year seems to bring memories to the surface. Likely part of one's reviewing the passing year(s) or the recent loss of loved ones.

We are experiencing a Winter's break, a warm-up, that allowed me the opportunity to visit the resting places of those who have crossed-over. Tears are more comforting as memories of the wonderful times and special moments they provided when the temperature is above freezing and the wind is still.

I am reminded that part of all the pain of their loss will be offset by the joy of seeing them again when it is our turn. I recall words of comfort my dear Mother provided; The hard part of getting old is the loss of near all of those close, the joy is knowing they are waiting.

Phoe will be very near, if not the first to greet you and that is comforting.
Steven, this is so beautiful, thank you.
Your Mom was a very wise woman, my Friend, I see where you get it from.
I'm glad you were able to visit your babies and were surrounded by the wonderful memories of them.

Your words comforted me, thank you again.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
My beloved Phoedle-dee-dee,
I miss you just as much as I did when you crossed the bridge four years ago.
At times it feels like forever ago, other times like it happened yesterday.
I can finally think about you and smile, remembering all the wonderful things that made you you.

Despite having almost no feathers, you always kept the other birds in line. They knew not to mess with a mad Phoe:)
Remember when you used to step up and then shout "NO!" as loud as you could, and then start laughing at your joke? I do.

Jax is doing well, but he still calls for you. Your name is one of the only things he can say. Sometimes he yells your name and dashes over into your cage. He will sit by where you used to sleep and be so content. I think he feels you there, just as I do. I look at your cage that we couldn't bear to take down and can see you peeking your head out of your hut, ready to start the day.

Thank you for all you gave us, Baby Boy, you were truly a gift. You will always be my Perfectly Imperfect Heartbird.

Love and miss you so much,
Mom & Jax

LyuOd6G.jpg

BDQZUFy.jpg

We miss you, phoee-deedle-dee-dee. See you in our dreams!

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots

Most Reactions