Status
Not open for further replies.

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
This month's theme:
FAIR-FEATHERED FRIENDS!!

I'm still pretty new around here so I thought this month should be inspired by things in my part of the world :)

Here in Minnesota, the week before our long US weekend is all about two things: The State Fair, and shopping for back to school clothes! All my coworkers are talking about the outfits their kiddos are planning for outings to the Great Minnesota Get-Together and the first day of school!

And of course, like parents all over, many of my coworkers think their kids' outfits are eccentric and out of place, but in-person middle school in 2022 is a whole new scene after 2 years of online school, and the kids know they're right on trend!

Show me your birds with their feathers out of place, or using their feathers as decoration or a toy!

If your bird is one of the cool kids that always looks perfect, I'll also take anything that makes you think of going to a Fair or Festival!

Here's Cotton, my feather-destructive little man always working on his look:

33467-d071a9845b26ba43f4ddbfeb1f4c2790.png

Here are a couple of my buddies from MAARS sanctuary in the Minneapolis-St Paul area (photos shared with permission):

33468-b26340b080801953ec1a62872d6a7720.png
33469-58b97a409070ea97018a8eb6d6bd50c0.png

The contest will run from now until the morning of Wednesday September 28th (Central Daylight US time zone/-5 GMT) at which time there will be a three day polling period. Winner will be announced the morning of October 1st. The winner will receive a free, one year Premium Membership to Parrot Forums, and the winning entry will be displayed on the forum homepage for the following month. The winning photo will also be automatically entered into our
Photo of the Year Contest for next year!!!

Only one "Official Entry" per person, however, you may submit as many "Just for Fun" entries as you like!
Good Luck Everyone!!!

Last edited:

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Congratulations on a brilliant concept for your very first POTM, Denise! I love this theme, and I'm looking forward to seeing the wonderful entries that it inspires! 🤩

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
OFFICIAL ENTRY :)

My boy Fang is usually the picture of satorial elegance in understated monochromatic tones. Except for this particular occasion when a loose floofie somehow managed to get itself stuck to his crest!

Fang&floofie (7).jpg

I think he looks rather proud of his fashion statement actually, and so he should be! 💖

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
@LaManuka Fang is setting the bar, er, feather, high! Such a delightfully jaunty look! 🥰

@LouieTheCockatiel What a perfectly balanced accessory! I love that this is what you woke up to 😍

@PippTheBananaBirb But of course! Gertjie has a tiara to rival the cockatiels 😁

I thank you, and Fang thanks you too! He always did have an amazing ability to accessorize - he gets feathers stuck up there all the time, I have NO idea how he does it but I love it when he does!🤩

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts