Severe macaw

Xelica

Oct 13, 2023
Parrots
Severe macaw amazon
Hi how are you? i rescue a seven years old Macaw about month ago he is doin great he does step up we spend the day together no prob he always is busy with me doing the dishes laundry he is never alone but at night my husband come home who I believe is his favorite person!!! From no were he louges to me like ready to eat me alive!! He gets so mad at me 😟 that I get scared , what is going on here? What should I do? Brakes my heart cause I really love him what should I do?

PrimorandMoxi

May 29, 2015
New Jersey
Parrots
Max (23yo) Blue and Gold Macaw,
&
PRIMOR (8yo) Red Lored Amazon,
&
ABBA (33yo) Red Lored Amazon - RIP
My Blue and Gold Macaw is the same.

My partner was away for this past week and Max was a sweetheart.

As soon as my partner returns Max wants nothing to do with me.

I believe if you and your husband work hard at it you can change your severe from a one person birdie. My partner is too stubborn to do the work involved.

Birdman666 has lots of most helpful posts about this topic...

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Bird Parrots and a big belief in maximizing Human time!

Over the years different Amazons have elected to make one or the other of us the favored person and the other is the one on the outs!! But, they seem to also be believers in: "When the one you Love is not available! Love the one you are with!! So, when 'Number One" is home keep your distance, but always remember that you get to provide all the treats, all the time!!

Do not force your Mac to choose you! Just understand that when number one leaves, you become near number one!! Enjoy!!

FYI: Parrots' have been known to switch alliances!! Just do no attempt to force it. Enjoy your flowing relationship. It is very possible that as time passes and he becomes more comfortable, that you could get more one of one time!!

Last edited:

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
" And if you cant be with the one you love, honey, love the one you're with". Crosby, Stills and Nash.

Most Reactions

Latest posts