Share care of CAG and Female Eclectus in Georgia

pottersailor

Jul 8, 2021
West Central Georgia
Parrots
Congo African Grey ~ 31
Female SI Eclectus ~ 16
Hi I live in the Columbus/Fort Benning, GA area (west-central Georgia). Looking for an experienced parrot person who would be willing to share ownership for a rescued 32 yr old African Grey and a 17 yr old female Eclectus. I am retired and am gone a few months at a time traveling. I am home mostly mid-summer and Dec thru April. If you really like the bird(s) we can discuss it being a permanent re-home. I will provide all food and some money for fresh food. Looking for a safe loving environment where they can get attention and proper care. They are sweet birds, but parrots are still wild animals and do bite on occasion. The CAG is a wonderful talker (no bad words) and is a clown. Likes mostly females. The F. Eclectus is a bit more aloof, but sweet most of the time. She was mis-treated and is still pretty untrusting. Prefer someone who has worked with Eclectus parrots. No dogs please.
The birds are healthy and I have had them 13 years. Can travel up to 70 miles to have them in the right environment. Please reach out if interested and can help. Thank you

OP
P

pottersailor

Jul 8, 2021
West Central Georgia
Parrots
Congo African Grey ~ 31
Female SI Eclectus ~ 16
Good Morning,
Thank you for the support. I visited Feathered Friends Forever Sanctuary in Harlem, GA yesterday to look at their facility for short term and long term boarding. They are amazing folks and I was impressed with the attention the birds receive and how much they care for them. They take in all species of parrots. They are a 501(c) approved facility and survive mainly on donations and is a place to consider to help if you so desire. They will be boarding my CAG and f. Ekkie in a few weeks and likely this fall while I travel. Give your birds a "hug", there are many parrots out there that don't have loving "fid" parents. :)

Most Reactions