She's started mimicking the clicker during training

Shaz UK

Aug 17, 2023
Parrots
Quaker parrot
Diva can now apparantly mimic the clicker so instead of performing today she makes the clicker sound and looks at me and the treat pouch expectantly 😂 so clicker training will have to be reconsidered exactly who is training who by the way

Jcas

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Parrots
Quaker, 2 budgies
So funny! When I use my nail clippers, JJ imitates the snipping sound. Quaker’s are such great little mimics 😂

OP
S

Shaz UK

Aug 17, 2023
Parrots
Quaker parrot
So funny! When I use my nail clippers, JJ imitates the snipping sound. Quaker’s are such great little mimics 😂
She's only said hello so far as far as speech goes she's 4 months old but I've been noticing she's a lot more interested in mimicking sounds than words she joins in with the whistle of the kettle finishing boiling and in certain songs with instruments she really loves joining in and now the clicker noise. The funniest thing was she made the clicker sound then looked at me expectingly and craned her neck out for treat she definately understood she was cheating the system by making the noise that a treat always follows instead of performing the trick asked of her they're so clever

Most Reactions

Latest posts