Shipping Businesses ?

Patty550

Jan 13, 2020
Hello, I performed a search and could not find any specific forum for shipping birds ?

Do any of the airlines still flight birds ?
Can anyone tell me what these car driving services are best to use ?

Thank you,
Kevin

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Welcome to the forums!

I can’t answer your question as I have no experience with shipping or having birds flown in, your thread will go to the top where, hopefully someone else who knows will answer!

OP
Patty550

Patty550

Jan 13, 2020
Welcome to the forums!

I can’t answer your question as I have no experience with shipping or having birds flown in, your thread will go to the top where, hopefully someone else who knows will answer!
That will be great. Thankyou !

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
I believe Delta ships birds.

OP
Patty550

Patty550

Jan 13, 2020
I believe Delta ships birds.
I believe United does too. I had our last Cockatoo flown from a rescue in New Mexico that set it all up and it worked great. But she had a website business and was protected by a Bank FDIC. But what do we do about a private sell ?

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
I got a bird through delta... I believe they still do it. Fortunate theres a hub where I live.

Seems they ship like this in a completely enclosed wooden crate I for some reason still have mine.

You will need a screwdriver to open it.

Attachments

• 20230608_172649.jpg
    20230608_172649.jpg
    266.5 KB · Views: 20
OP
Patty550

Patty550

Jan 13, 2020
I got a bird through delta... I believe they still do it. Fortunate theres a hub where I live.

Seems they ship like this in a completely enclosed wooden crate I for some reason still have mine.

You will need a screwdriver to open it.
How far away was the bird ? How much did Delta charge you and how long ago ?

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
chicago to MSP so like less than two hours.....

Usually the "chamber"/"cell" is full of seeds and apple slices for water.

I forget how much it was like a hundred bucks I'd imagine. It's basically considered air freight. But be prepaired to wait as they prioritize human luggage first.

But the bird came through fine and calm.

Most Reactions

Latest posts