Should I consider a second budgie???

Aavogaro

Jan 3, 2020
Austin, TX
Parrots
Fish & Blue - the budgie brat pack
Snoopy - lovable M whitefaced cockatiel
(Pending adoption) Paco - 25yo CAG
Hello again. So after spending countless hours reading this forum, other internet sources and watching YouTube it seems that a heavy majority of people are keeping more than one budgie together. I totally get that from the standpoint they are huge flock birds. I agree they are likeliest the most happy when not alone. So...,,, if I want a pet that will hang out on my shoulder and a tabletop stand where I am, a bird that will come out to play games, do I only need to have one??? Can I get that kind of interaction from one or even both of them of I bring home a second budgie as well and work to tame them individually? I’m asking because I could pick a second one from the group at the pet store now to be cage trained with my little guy. No quarantine needed since they have been living together already. If there is still a chance of them wanting to come out to play and hang out, even together, outside their cage, then I’m happy to welcome a 2nd member to the group while it is easiest and least stressful for the birds and myself. If you think this is a good idea, what sex paring do you think is best? I THINK my new yellow guy is a boy. But he's a Lutino so I don’t know for sure.

*Mu story of it helps your decision: mom of 3 kids (18yr, 15yr, 2.5yrs) with full time job. Pretty much a homebody after 5:30 and all weekend to have birds out and socializing with them.

Ari

Jan 5, 2020
If you get a second one they will only be interested in each other and not want to come out of their cage to spend as much time with you as they used to. Especially if they are close to each other and are separated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions