Should I get a new friend for my pineapple conure???

Happyandzaza

May 11, 2023
Parrots
L
Hello dear parrot community, Its been 4,5 days since I lost my green check yellow sided conure, they didnt get along that well but when it came to preening each other they would go on for hours preening, my pineapple conure used to regurgitate food for the other one even tho they would start a fight later.now since the other one is lost he is interacting with me way more and lets me handle his pin feather which he never did before. I want to say that Happy the pineapple conure is the most hyperactive bird you’ve seen so far, while he was alone these days I took him with me to work in my office its a very quite place he definitely likes it here, but sometimes he looks lonely so I was thinking maybe get him a new friend ? Thanks if you take time to give your opinion 🍓

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Hello dear parrot community, Its been 4,5 days since I lost my green check yellow sided conure, they didnt get along that well but when it came to preening each other they would go on for hours preening, my pineapple conure used to regurgitate food for the other one even tho they would start a fight later.now since the other one is lost he is interacting with me way more and lets me handle his pin feather which he never did before. I want to say that Happy the pineapple conure is the most hyperactive bird you’ve seen so far, while he was alone these days I took him with me to work in my office its a very quite place he definitely likes it here, but sometimes he looks lonely so I was thinking maybe get him a new friend ? Thanks if you take time to give your opinion 🍓
It could be a good idea, but keep in mind you run the risk of the birds fighting or just flat out not liking each other. If your conure isn’t super social, be careful with the introduction and monitor them closely (closer than you usually should). Also, you already probably know about quarantine and all that jazz but if you don’t, I’ll just give you a little brush over. Quarantine for a month or so, take the new bird to the vet for a checkup, and practice sanitary “protocols” like washing hands and changing clothes, or going all out and washing up in the shower. There are risks and there are benefits, it’s just up to you to decide whether you want to take the risk. If you do decide to get your conure a friend, I hope all goes amazingly! Hope this helps, even a little. Good luck!

Most Reactions

Latest posts