Show Off Your Birdy Buffet

cstambaugh

Nov 3, 2013
Parrots
Zeus - Greenwing
I play manager/waiter/bus boy/cook at my local birdy buffet for Zeus.
Here is his typical setup

20140104_214014_zpsp2xur7ew.jpg

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
That totally is a buffet:) Love it!

BoomBoom

May 2, 2012
Parrots
Boomer (Sun Conure 9 yrs), Pewpew (Budgie 5 yrs), Ulap (Budgie 2 yrs), Eight & Kiki (Beloved Budgies, RIP)
Wow those look really good! I actually want to eat the homecooked stuff (second to last picture) that Wendy posted lol! Sometimes I like to 'plate' Boomer's food because I'm sort of a wannabe cook although he destroys it in 5 seconds anyway. Here's a collection of images I've taken...

Sliced red apples, boiled half egg shells over whole spinach leaves, nutriberry between banana slices, dried red chili pepper:
57l1.jpg

Sliced baby carrots, fresh corn on the cob, chopped strawberries and a piece of broccoli:
hyfm.jpg

Sliced baby carrots, ripe mango, de-seeded jalapeno peppers, tomatoes and seeded core of red bell pepper:
t99a.jpg

Apples, baby carrots, sliced yellow bell peppers, jalapeno peppers with seeds and strawberries in a kabob:
1fzq.jpg

Sweet red peppers with seeds, strawberries and fuji apples in a kabob:
fpcd.jpg

Young Boomer pigging out on corn over spinach leaves:
eety.jpg

OP
cstambaugh

cstambaugh

Nov 3, 2013
Parrots
Zeus - Greenwing
That kabob idea is awesome. Why didnt I think of that!

Bundiibird

Mar 9, 2013
Rockhampton, Qld, Australia
Parrots
Bundiibird - Alex - hatched 31/08/09
& Millie - BFA - hatched 29/10/14 & Willow - CAG - hatched 30/10/19
Attached is the dinner of choice of one green bird. As long as it involves pomegranates and corn she is happy. :)

image.jpg

Macawspirit

Jan 7, 2014
My baby has only been home for a couple of weeks. She arrived on zupreem, zupreem seed diet and walnut diet. How can I get her to eat more fresh fruits and vegetables? I give them to her but she usually eats them when I hand them to her but won't eat them as often when they are in the bowl. Also she will not eat much of the fresh. Any advice?

Bundiibird

Mar 9, 2013
Rockhampton, Qld, Australia
Parrots
Bundiibird - Alex - hatched 31/08/09
& Millie - BFA - hatched 29/10/14 & Willow - CAG - hatched 30/10/19
We make a game of it. It is a race to see who can get tot the bowl first. I pretend to race Bundii to where the bowl goes in her cage. She "usually" wins lol.

Also pretending or actually eating the vegs with her encourages her to eat them. A lot of oohs and Awww gets her eating them. Lots of excited noises and voices should help.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
My baby has only been home for a couple of weeks. She arrived on zupreem, zupreem seed diet and walnut diet. How can I get her to eat more fresh fruits and vegetables? I give them to her but she usually eats them when I hand them to her but won't eat them as often when they are in the bowl. Also she will not eat much of the fresh. Any advice?

Bundiibird has given you some GREAT advice on how to get your girl to eat the fresh stuff. :)

Keep offering it, don't be discouraged, I'm confident she'll learn to love it.

BoomBoom

May 2, 2012
Parrots
Boomer (Sun Conure 9 yrs), Pewpew (Budgie 5 yrs), Ulap (Budgie 2 yrs), Eight & Kiki (Beloved Budgies, RIP)
I love how she's sneaking in a bite.

Mekaisto

Jan 8, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Zookeeper who has worked with many bird species, and owner of a cheeky red-tailed black cockatoo (Ash)
If by buffet you mean FEAST!

1521610_10203090159393743_358755156_n.jpg

This picture was taken as a facility I used to work at :p

Those spoiled little birds would get papaya, coconut, pellets, mango, orange, apple, vegetable mix, nuts and corn.

Maria_Metropolis

Nov 12, 2013
Parrots
White Face Cinnamon Pearl Pied Cockatiel - "Muffin"

Hatch Date: October 4th, 2013
RIP July 4, 2014
My tiel will only eat out of one particular food bowl in his cage, but out of his cage, I give him a variety of other things, like berries, veggies, egg. He just tried sprouted grain and bean mix today (made for parrots), and I poke kale or other leafy greens in his cage, and he rips through them like a toy (I'm hoping he'll munch on them one of these days).

DallyTsuka

Mar 19, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Parrots
Dallas and Tsukasa (Cockatiels)
Mango and Munchlax (Peach Faced Lovebirds)
if you've got facebook, you can see my complete photo collection there on my flock's page:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.108798165946254.18215.108747479284656&type=3

and here are a few photos just to share. my birds get seeds, zupreem pellets (that's their preference), veggies, some fruit, various mashes, fruit juices, and for treats they get almonds, walnuts, brazilnuts, muesli, home dried fruits, wholegrain toast (with or without red palm oil), and the occasional snack from our plates (depending what it is)

summer treats, they get fresh dandelions and red clover flowers. they go nuts for these!

millet covered sweet potato balls (to get them used to sweet potato since it wasnt readily accepted by all the birds)

"parrot stuffing" as i called this one, sweet potato, harrison's superfine pellets, corn, and wholegrain bread all mushed together

fresh dandelions

mash

oh and Mango's favourite... a fruit salad, enjoyed upside down!

Most Reactions