Parrots
Moxie-GC
gotta be sure not to catch a chill!!

308596_2209117026293_1198481332_32081225_334106206_n.jpg

Bobioden

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
Parrots
Maxx & Emma -Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conures (Male & Female)
What a cute pic. Maxx my gcc love to gets hosed down in the sink. Now that his is molting I try to give him a bath every day.

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
heee heee way to spoilt!! nut gets the air dry option, where she looks like a drowned rat till she is dried

OP
E

emilye2

Aug 13, 2011
NY
Parrots
Moxie-GC
We are remodeling our bath where she normally gets her shower and I had just forgotten about her regular baths. Poor thing! :( She got so cranky with me recently that it finally occurred to me that it had been too long between soak downs. So I took her to our upstairs shower and let her soak. She put herself right under the spray, closed her eyes and sat there looking like someone who had just had a really hard day at work! :D

Iago

Nov 8, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Parrots
Petrie ~ Green Cheek Conure
Iago! ~ Sun Conure - RIP 11/20/2021
Iago wants to come shower with me every morning. If I don't bring him in he gets really cranky, haha. How do you get Moxie to wrap up in a towel? Iago seems to want none of it.

Ricas1215

Oct 23, 2011
Parrots
My Green Cheek Conure's name is Cyro
And I have two paraeets. a girl named chilly and a boy named willy<3
really? in the shower. my gcc Cyro takes a bath in a food container i filled with water for him. how did you teach him to take showers?

Iago

Nov 8, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Parrots
Petrie ~ Green Cheek Conure
Iago! ~ Sun Conure - RIP 11/20/2021
It just started by letting him sit on the top of the door and he eventually started creeping down the towel until I brought him in. He loves it now and still takes baths in his water dish. Sometimes I think he is more fish than bird :p

jamz

Oct 15, 2011
Southern Maine
Parrots
Loki, Yellow sided GCC
Loki took a shower for the first time today- I was washing apples at the sink, which has a built in sprayer, and he got closer and closer to the water, biting it, etc. until he finally just moved underneath it and sat there with a relaxed look. No feather fluffing, just sitting there getting doused. It was great.

Mamanda

Oct 17, 2011
Media
Central Oregon (Paradise!)
Parrots
Keen: female, YSGCC & Opi: male, Pied Cockatiel & Milo: male, Timneh African Grey
Today certainly was a big bath day! Keen also took a bath. In his water bowl. Total drowned rat look. Silly. Baby.

Customcasket

Aug 24, 2011
Media
New Jersey
Parrots
Female Dusky Conure (Kayak) Female Sun Conure (Carlisle) Female Budgie (Meister) Male Budgie (Spooky Burd)
My Dusky will only bathe in her water dish. I'm going to get her a bottle... she used to bathe in it maybe once or twice a week. Now its once or twice a day!!! She makes soup in it and then bathes in the soup. ):< Occasionally she will bathe in the shower if I bring her in with me. Otherwise she just hangs out on her shower perch and whistles at me while I take my shower. My Sun likes to bathe in the bathroom or the kitchen sink. Especially the kitchen sink because it's huuuuuuge and he can spread his wings. Neither of them like to be wrapped with a towel. Kayak (the Dusky) likes to burrow under a towel and hang out for awhile.

Mamanda

Oct 17, 2011
Media
Central Oregon (Paradise!)
Parrots
Keen: female, YSGCC & Opi: male, Pied Cockatiel & Milo: male, Timneh African Grey
When you all bring your GC in the shower, do you have a perch for them in the shower? Somehow I'm having trouble visualizing this.

Adz

Jan 9, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure
Haha yeah my Loco hates the towel too, I hold him under the ducted heating in winter.

Loco was the same, he started sitting at the top, then he'd creep down the towel. Sometimes he likes to bath, other times he just likes to be held.

AmazonLover

Oct 13, 2011
Since here have a thread regarding on birds shower. I own a blue front but how am gonna to train him to enjoy the bath? Right nw I bath for him and let step up onto my hand and spray him. But he dun enjoy the bath.

Most Reactions

Latest posts