SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Likely Digestive System Illness
- or - moldy /bad seed mix.
Likely going to need to see a Avian Vet.
Good think is its Sunday afternoon and most all of them will open tomorrow morning.
Start checking what you have locally and be ready to be at their clinic in morning

OP
S

Skipper436

Dec 31, 2021
Parrots
Cockatiel
Likely Digestive System Illness
- or - moldy /bad seed mix.
Likely going to need to see a Avian Vet.
Good think is its Sunday afternoon and most all of them will open tomorrow morning.
Start checking what you have locally and be ready to be at their clinic in morning
Heā€™s eating and drinking as normal and being his usual self but taking a closer look at the seed that heā€™s bring up still has the shell on it if you know what I mean

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Huh. He should be shelling it. I think that might indicate a problem right there. For example maybe he is sick and so hungry he doesnā€™t stop to prepare his food before he swallows it?

OP
S

Skipper436

Dec 31, 2021
Parrots
Cockatiel
Huh. He should be shelling it. I think that might indicate a problem right there. For example maybe he is sick and so hungry he doesnā€™t stop to prepare his food before he swallows it?
He has fresh seed everyday and he is well fed and no signs of malnutrition but he did do it one time before when he was eating his rope perches and vomiting that back up and I took those out and it then stopped but he was bringing the same kind of seed up then too. This is his first time doing it in over a year.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
So he has a habit of eating non food items. That is concerning. I think you should take him to an avian vet if you can.

Most Reactions