Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Slater, my OWA, doesn't talk much. He mumbles a lot, but can clearly say "Come Here", "Come on'", "Wow", "Hey Boy" and "What now".
Today he was wanting a treat, and he usually says "Hey Boy" when he wants a treat.
Today, he said, "Hey Babe" and I about died. That isn't something my husband and I say, I say Baby but not Babe.
None of the other birds say that either. It's so much fun when they say something sweet they must have remembered from the past.

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
I dunno are you a babe? If you are it's not really surprising.

I dunno what what you look like I just imagine the bird has good taste. Just a thought...

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
Oh, that’s too adorable. Kirby is also not a great talker, but he picked up “bless you” from all the times he sneezes while we are hanging out, poor guy. Sometimes he also slips in a “I LOVE YOU” in his crazy, grumbly robot voice!

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Oh, that’s too adorable. Kirby is also not a great talker, but he picked up “bless you” from all the times he sneezes while we are hanging out, poor guy. Sometimes he also slips in a “I LOVE YOU” in his crazy, grumbly robot voice!
Oh my gosh, I forgot that Xander also says "God Bless You" in my other post. It's so funny, he sounds like he's sneezing when he does it.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
I bet that just about melted your heart.
Of course, since the Rb came to me pretty much straight outta the egg, the only surprises I get are embarrassing ones...

Most Reactions