Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
My Jasper was completely free...
Anyone rehoming 'zons is always desperate to get rid of them. It's just a thing for some reason.
And sadly too many times that causes people with zero experience to take them.
Then they can't stand the screaming, or the work it takes to have a bird and sell for cheap again to get rid of them.
It's heartbreaking to think of how many birds of all kinds go from home to home until they no longer believe their next home will be their forever home. They give up.
Or they are terrified, wondering what new abuse will befall them because it's all they remember.
You can see it in their eyes and it's awful.

foxgloveparrot

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Media
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon) Lilla (senegal 💔) Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (budgies) Cricket (parrotlet)
Then they can't stand the screaming, or the work it takes to have a bird and sell for cheap again to get rid of them.
It's heartbreaking to think of how many birds of all kinds go from home to home until they no longer believe their next home will be their forever home. They give up.
Or they are terrified, wondering what new abuse will befall them because it's all they remember.
Exactly. Imagine treating a four-year-old like that. That's how you know it's wrong.

ravvlet

Staff member
Super Moderator
Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-)
RIP Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
As an owner of both a 4 year old and an amazon; I have learned to tune out the screaming unless it’s, you know, the bad kind, LOL. :LOL: Honestly I have come to look forward to Kirby’s little yelling sessions; but then I guess he doesn’t do them often enough for it to be a big issue for us. :giggle:

GaleriaGila

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Well, *I* have repeatedly wished that you, Terry, would tell us all your tales of rescues... most recently when I began Xander's thread...
But I know that you are busy enough just caring for your charges without starting an encyclopedia of your miracles.
So I'll just stand by and admire you.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Well, *I* have repeatedly wished that you, Terry, would tell us all your tales of rescues... most recently when I began Xander's thread...
But I know that you are busy enough just caring for your charges without starting an encyclopedia of your miracles.
So I'll just stand by and admire you.
You inspired me, as well as a few others who asked for stories of my flock.
I always felt too busy, but then realized that they deserve their own thread with their story:) I just reread Russell's story from the beginning of this thread and was so glad I had written it.

Oopsadaysey

Mar 11, 2022
East Gippsland Australia
Parrots
21yr old LutinoxPearl Quarrion (sorry cockatiel) Munchkin aka The Princess
I'm so glad you rescued him. My little girl was sitting on my husband's bosses' clothes line one night and the rest is history.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I adopted a very plucked Pionus that began to grow in his feathers and do much better—until I moved. When I started packing and boxing up the sweet bird began ripping his feathers all out. He got a skin infection and was euthanized soon after I was in my new place. It was awful.

I think he believed I was going to give him away or leave him. It was very sad.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
I adopted a very plucked Pionus that began to grow in his feathers and do much better—until I moved. When I started packing and boxing up the sweet bird began ripping his feathers all out. He got a skin infection and was euthanized soon after I was in my new place. It was awful.

I think he believed I was going to give him away or leave him. It was very sad.
Oh, I am so sorry. I also believe that some of our birds worry about that every time we have to put them in a carrier for the vet.
I'm so sorry you lost your Pi, I love Pionus, they are such wonderful birds.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Oh, I am so sorry. I also believe that some of our birds worry about that every time we have to put them in a carrier for the vet.
I'm so sorry you lost your Pi, I love Pionus, they are such wonderful birds.
Yes, besides smelling nice, they have lovely subtle colors and quiet voices. I miss my past Pionus.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Yes, besides smelling nice, they have lovely subtle colors and quiet voices. I miss my past Pionus.
I love their smell so much.

Most Reactions

Latest posts