Sleep cage in the bathroom?

MachuPichu

Oct 23, 2021
Parrots
Machu
Pichu
Hello!
I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right category, but well...
I have two 1 year-old lineolated parakeets and I'm moving soon in a new (very small) apartment (but not smaller than the one I currently have).
The new apartment has a living room/kitchen room, a bedroom, and a bathroom.
The thing is, I still want to enjoy my living room at night (TV, cooking etc...), which is not very compatible with owning birds and providing a quality sleeping routing. So I was thinking of training my birds to sleep in a smaller cage that I could carry at night to the bathroom maybe ?
The problem would be that, well... I will still need to use the bathroom at night, and the flushing noise will definitely wake them up, but is it still okay ?
I have also thought of putting their sleep cage in the room next door (bedroom) while I use the TV, cook etc... and putting them back in the living room once I'm done, but I guess that would be stressful for them and will definitely not give them a proper uninterrupted sleep.

I would really appreciate your advice on this one!

Thanks!

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Hello!
I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right category, but well...
I have two 1 year-old lineolated parakeets and I'm moving soon in a new (very small) apartment (but not smaller than the one I currently have).
The new apartment has a living room/kitchen room, a bedroom, and a bathroom.
The thing is, I still want to enjoy my living room at night (TV, cooking etc...), which is not very compatible with owning birds and providing a quality sleeping routing. So I was thinking of training my birds to sleep in a smaller cage that I could carry at night to the bathroom maybe ?
The problem would be that, well... I will still need to use the bathroom at night, and the flushing noise will definitely wake them up, but is it still okay ?
I have also thought of putting their sleep cage in the room next door (bedroom) while I use the TV, cook etc... and putting them back in the living room once I'm done, but I guess that would be stressful for them and will definitely not give them a proper uninterrupted sleep.

I would really appreciate your advice on this one!

Thanks!
I suggest letting them sleep in your room the whole night if possible. It will be the most suitable area.

OP
M

MachuPichu

Oct 23, 2021
Parrots
Machu
Pichu
Thanks for your advice! I thought about it too, but I have been sleeping in the same room as them for 10 months now, and they are very light sleepers (and so am I), I wake them up, they wake me up, never ending cycle :ROFLMAO: But if its the best spot for their cage, we'll work it out I guess :/

Most Reactions