Sleep Cage Questions

FieryPhoenix

Jan 18, 2022
Parrots
Quaker Parrot Sun Conure
Hi All,

So I moved my birds' cage into my bedroom during the day and have a spare cage (my Quaker's hospital cage) that I want to use for their sleep cage which I will take out in the evening and leave in my home office where there will be darkness and quiet.

I have a couple of questions though for those of you who use sleep cages.

1. If you are going to be gone from the early mornings till after your bird's bedtime, what do you do? Do you just keep them overnight in a day cage?
2. What if you need to spend the night somewhere in which you will be gone from the evening till the next later morning (11 am). I have to sleep over my sisters to babysit my niece and nephew. I am already thinking about how I will do the transporting from the day cage to the sleep cage.
3. Do you need to put toys in the sleep cage? I am trying this out today and all I have in there is perches and food and water dishes.
4. How strict do you have to be with remembering to put them in the sleep cage (related to my question about coming home late at night).
5. Do any of you only use sleep cages for part of the year or do you use them all the time (part of the year referring to when it is daylight savings time.)

Most Reactions

Latest posts