Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
What hormonal behavior is she showing?
That’s what I meant to ask. I wasn’t being sarcastic. Sorry.
She was being nesty and when interacting with males, the first thing she wanted to do was mate.. and she's regurgitating.
I am glad Snowy’s vent area is not puffy anymore. Maybe by taking away the nest stimulus you dodged the egg-laying bullet. I hope that’s the case.
Yes I hope so too!
Lots of people think it’s cute to put a nest or hut in with their female bird because the bird “likes it so much” and end up with a bird laying eggs or an egg bound bird. The easiest way to prevent that is not to have anything that looks or seems like a nest in with a female bird.
Yes, I never gave my birds any of those stuff because it's a risk I don't think is worth taking.

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
2 female budgies i have a green named tofu she is 1 years old(she turned one years old in April) and i have a blue budgie named sky she is the younger one she is younger then tofu by a few days
Any updates?

Tiki Bird

Feb 3, 2022
Parrots
Budgies / Parakeets
if you have a heating pad, put it under her cage with a towel on top. I've had a few finches get eggbound but the heat seems to help.

That being said i did lose one to being eggbound. It's tough.

OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
if you have a heating pad, put it under her cage with a towel on top. I've had a few finches get eggbound but the heat seems to help.

That being said i did lose one to being eggbound. It's tough.
Thanks for the advice. Snowy didn't lay an egg, and she's back to her normal self, so I guess it was a false alarm.

Sorry to hear about your bird passing from egg binding. It is really hard to lose one.

Most Reactions

Latest posts